Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed if statement to see if file exists Post 302845445 by neutronscott on Wednesday 21st of August 2013 02:05:14 PM
Old 08-21-2013
Code:
#!/bin/bash
files=( *.order )

if (( "${#files[@]}" > 0 )); then
else
fi

for file in "${files[@]}"; do
  something with $file
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if and sed statement

this is my output for my crawler. /about.html /ads/ /advanced_search?hl=en froogle.google.com/frghp?hl=en&tab=wf&ie=UTF-8 groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&ie=UTF-8 /imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&ie=UTF-8 /intl/en/options/ /language_tools?hl=en /maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&ie=UTF-8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables within a sed statement

I am just wondering if it's possible to refer to variables within a sed statement as follows:- cat $file | sed -e 1's/$oldtext/$newtext/' > $file as when I run the script, the variables are not recognised and nothing happens..?? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirtrancealot
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists using the if statement

Hi, I'm trying to write a bit of code that will check if a file exists and then archives the file Im trying to use the following if statement without success.. if then mv filename archive/filename else echo "no filename exists" fi Should the file name be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement to check file exists

Hi All, If i run below copy command, it works absolutely fine, /opt/csw/bin/scp axetlxyz01:/opt/data/test/QURIES* ./input I want to make the above line better, by adding an IF statement, want to check if there is any file exists with name QURIES*.* then i need to copy that. if ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Statement to find if an entry exists in a file

I need to check if an entry input by the user is in a file. If so, I need to run a command, and if it does not exist then it should output entry does not exist. So I have so far... echo "Enter record:" read record //command || //command Can I use an if statement to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else statement in sed

Hello Guys, I am new here and this is my first post, hope someone can help me I am writing a script that is supposed to go in 9 different directories and edit a given file in each of the directories. I am using sed to edit the file as sed -i 'line# s/#to be changed/#to be replaced with/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madiouma Ndiaye
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to add word if pattern exists

Hi, I have a file with data listed below: clm_id double, cnl_id double, cnl_amt double I want output to be clm_id string, cnl_id string, cnl_amt double So replace double by string if the field contains the word _id I tried sed -e 's/_id/& string/' filename The above will not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed within awk statement

input | Jan 8 2018 11:28PM| 24 | 75 | 51 | 1 | 1.600| | Jan 8 2018 12:01PM| 52 | 823 | 21 | 6 | 2.675| desired output Jan-8-2018-11:28PM 24 75 51 1 1.600 Jan-8-2018-12:01PM 52 823 21 6 2.675 Dear friends, I have input file , as shown above and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
10 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)