Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read file from input and redirect to output file Post 302845443 by rohit_shinez on Wednesday 21st of August 2013 02:03:23 PM
Old 08-21-2013
Read file from input and redirect to output file

Hi ,

i am having an file which contains 5 file_name data, i need to read the file name and will perform certain operation and generate out file names with named as 5 individual file_names
for eg:
Code:
file.txt contains
file_name1.txt|hai
file_name2.txt|bye
file_name3.txt|how
file_name4.txt|are
file_name5.txt|you

i will read using 
for i in `cat file.txt`
and do certain operations like

sed '$d' file_name1.txt >file_name1.tmp
echo "read the second row from file.txt">>file_name1.tmp
mv file_name1.tmp file_name1.txt

like the above i need to perform for all files and my output files should be
file_name1.txt
last line to print hai

file_name2.txt
bye

like this i need 5 individual files

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect input from file?

I need to run a command inside root-environment, and want to use: su - root -c "some command..." Then I am prompted for a password, of course. Is it possible to put this password in a file, and present this files content, to the command above?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjornrud
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file redirect in output path and want name as inputfilename_new.txt

not required this time (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Complex Input/Output Redirect

Hi All, Sorry if the title is not good but I did not know how to explain with only some words! What I meant is: I have a unix command built from a private application vendor that when executed it prompts for two entries by the keyboard, let's say, for example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felipe.vinturin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect a input of find command into a text file

Hello friends, I want a command to print the reult files from find command into a text file.:) Iam looking from forum memebers. PLZ help me.ASAP Thanks in Advance, Siva Ranganath CH (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to the same input file in awk

Hi, I want to compare a value from test file and redirect the o/p value to the same file input file 250 32000 32 128 Below is my code awk '{ if ($1 < "300") print $1 > /tmp/test}' test want to compare 250 < 300 then print 300 to the same place below is the... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
24 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - Read input from file and output CSV i same row

Hello I have the following output and want the output to look: FROM: GigabitEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up 1 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 1 overrun, 0 ignored 275 output errors, 0 collisions, 3 interface resets GigabitEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayJay2018
4 Replies
XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)

NAME
xclip-copyfile, xclip-cutfile, xclip-pastefile - copy and move files via the X clipboard SYNOPSIS
xclip-copyfile [-p] FILES... xclip-cutfile [-p] FILES... xclip-pastefile DESCRIPTION
xclip-copyfile copies files into the X clipboard, recursing into directories. xclip-cutfile copies the files, but also deletes them afterwards. -p preserve path formation xclip-pastefile pastes the files out of the clipboard EXAMPLES
Copying a file to a remote host [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ echo "A file created on ${HOSTNAME}" > file1 [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ cat file1 A file created on maggie.lkpg.cendio.se Copying an entire tree structure [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-copyfile doc [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile doc/ doc/letter-mom-april.txt doc/file1 doc/letter-dad-march.txt Copying files with preserved path information [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile -p /etc/sysconfig/grub tar: Removing leading `/' from member names [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile etc/sysconfig/grub [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ ls etc/sysconfig/grub etc/sysconfig/grub Moving files [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-cutfile letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt ls: cannot access letter-brother-may.txt: No such file or directory [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ cd doc [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile letter-brother-may.txt AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Maximilian Gass <mxey@cloudconnected.org> for the Debian project. It may be used for everything else, of course. XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)