Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Retune my script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Retune my script Post 302845071 by senthil.ak on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 05:52:57 PM
Old 08-20-2013
Retune my script

Hi admin,

I have two files which is on row and many columns ( both are identical), I need to add both the files with two columns and many row.

I have opted the solution in the following way.

Code:
awk '{ for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) { print $i;}}' tmp1 > tmp
mv tmp tmp1
awk '{ for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) { print $i;}}' tmp2 > tmp
mv tmp tmp2
paste tmp1 tmp2 > final

Sample the input files

Code:
$cat tmp1
951  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    29   701  4    0    0    1    0    0    7    4    0    0    0    0    0    0    4    6    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    1
$cat tmp2
915  44   6    0    3    0    0    0    74   1637 24   0    0    0    0    1    40   15   21   8    0    0    0    0    9    59   5    0    0    0    0    0    1    19

The output is

Code:
$paste tmp1 tmp2 | head -4
951     915
1       44
0       6
0       0

Could you please tune my script,

Thanks,
Senthil

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statment, based on retune value

hello im working on a project for the iphone to write a termainal based program we have bsd subsystem installed so have access to most unix command i have a executable called coordinates, which get the coordinates of the iphone when this runs it returns to the terminal the text of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toliver182
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
funmerge(1)							SAORD Documentation						       funmerge(1)

NAME
funmerge - merge one or more Funtools table files SYNOPSIS
funmerge [-w|-x] -f [colname] <iname1> <iname2> ... <oname> OPTIONS
-f # output a column specifying file from which this event came -w # adjust position values using WCS info -x # adjust position values using WCS info and save old values DESCRIPTION
funmerge merges FITS data from one or more FITS Binary Table files or raw event files. The first argument to the program specifies the first input FITS table or raw event file. If "stdin" is specified, data are read from the standard input. Use Funtools Bracket Notation to specify FITS extensions and row filters. Subsequent arguments specify additional event files and tables to merge. (NB: Stdin cannot not be used for any of these additional input file arguments.) The last argument is the out- put FITS file. The columns in each input table must be identical. If an input file begins with the '@' character, it is processed as an include file, i.e., as a text file containing event file names (as well as blank lines and/or comment lines starting with the '#' sign). If standard input is specified as an include file ('@stdin'), then file names are read from the standard input until EOF (^D). Event files and include files can be mixed on a command line. Rows from each table are written sequentially to the output file. If the switch -f [colname] is specified on the command line, an addi- tional column is added to each row containing the number of the file from which that row was taken (starting from one). In this case, the corresponding file names are stored in the header parameters having the prefix FUNFIL, i.e., FUNFIL01, FUNFIL02, etc. Using the -w switch (or -x switch as described below), funmerge also can adjust the position column values using the WCS information in each file. (By position columns, we mean the columns that the table is binned on, i.e., those columns defined by the bincols= switch, or (X,Y) by default.) To perform WCS alignment, the WCS of the first file is taken as the base WCS. Each position in subsequent files is adjusted by first converting it to the sky coordinate in its own WCS coordinate system, then by converting this sky position to the sky position of the base WCS, and finally converting back to a pixel position in the base system. Note that in order to perform WCS alignment, the appropriate WCS and TLMIN/TLMAX keywords must already exist in each FITS file. When performing WCS alignment, you can save the original positions in the output file by using the -x (for "xtra") switch instead of the -w switch (i.e., using this switch also implies using -w) The old positions are saved in columns having the same name as the original positional columns, with the added prefix "OLD_". Examples: Merge two tables, and preserve the originating file number for each row in the column called "FILE" (along with the corresponding file name in the header): [sh] funmerge -f "FILE" test.ev test2.ev merge.ev Merge two tables with WCS alignment, saving the old position values in 2 additional columns: [sh] funmerge -x test.ev test2.ev merge.ev This program only works on raw event files and binary tables. We have not yet implemented image and array merging. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funmerge(1)