Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop not reading all files if ssh fails Post 302844991 by LES2013 on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 01:13:37 PM
Old 08-20-2013
I have successfully run the script in the original form with the -n parameter. I have also read more about it on the net. I appreciate your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from 2 files through while loop

hi i have two files cat input.txt 123456| 43256 456482|5893242 cat data.txt xv 123456 abcd dsk sd 123456 afsfn dd df 43256 asdf ff ss 456482 aa sf 5893242 ff ff aa 5893242 aa aa i need to read inputs from input.txt and find data for data.txt. then i need to print them as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: windows
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop not reading last line

hi all, i have a while loop which i am using to read lines into an array: k=0 exec 10<file while read LINE <&10; do ARRAY=$LINE ((k++)) done exec 10>&- echo ${ARRAY} for some reason when i display the array it is not showing the last row in the file. any help appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip command fails in ssh

I'm trying to run a set of commands on a remote machine using ssh in a shell script. One of the commands is unzip. But when the execution reaches this command, the script fails with an error that unzip is not found. Below is the code and the error snippet. sourceDir=$1 ; filename=$3 ; destDir=$2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farahzaiba
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

until loop fails.

i have a script like below, i am trying to print "...." until a background process that was executed before is running,, the below does work and teh loop keeps on printing "..", can someone help where i am wrong. /tmp/test/abc.sh & until do echo "..\c" done abc.sh is the scipt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesmani
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with expect when ssh fails

I'm trying to write a script using expect. I'd like the script to execute several commands when the ssh succeeds and i want it to exit if the ssh fails. Does this require to define a time out for the ssh command so that if the prompt is back before this defined time the next commands are executed??... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hossam_Nox
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Passwordless ssh authentication fails

Unable to set ssh passwordless authentication I am unable to ssh with passwordless authentication from Windows client onto UBuntu server. The ssh version on UBuntu is OpenSSH_5.8p1 Debian-7ubuntu1, OpenSSL 1.0.0e , while SSH on Windows Client is OpenSSH_5.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8k. I turned on ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkota
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows exe file fails when triggered from ssh

Hi, I am triggering a windows exe file using the below command. ssh user@remoteserver command.exe -option1:xx /option2:yy This command is working fine from windows command prompt. When I am triggering the same command from ssh I get the error message cant load Any ideas to deal with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh fails due to argument position.

I have a constraint to follow organization policy. So i do not have much liberty. ssh -i /opt/nonprod user1@hostone -t bash works while ssh -i /opt/nonprod -t bash user1@hostone fails How can I get this to work when I am enforced to put -t bash before the user@hostname ? Will share debug... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh fails for one of two users on the same server.

I have two users on dest_host server viz wlsadm & wasadm. From src_host server with root user I m able to passwordless login to wlsadm@dest_host however, the same fails for wasadm@dest_host Below is the debug for both first the working ssh and then the non-working ssh. Works: ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh fails from one server only with expecting SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY message

I have two linux servers viz 12.7.44.18 and 12.7.45.18 I wish to ssh from both these server to a destination AiX server 12.7.33.18 The ssh works from 12.7.44.18 -> 12.7.33.18 but fails from 12.7.45.18 -> 12.7.33.18 The openssl version on both linux source 12.7.44.18 and 12.7.45.18 is the... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
SCRIPTREPLAY(1) 						   User Commands						   SCRIPTREPLAY(1)

NAME
scriptreplay - play back typescripts, using timing information SYNOPSIS
scriptreplay [options] [-t] timingfile [typescript [divisor]] DESCRIPTION
This program replays a typescript, using timing information to ensure that output happens in the same rhythm as it originally appeared when the script was recorded. The replay simply displays the information again; the programs that were run when the typescript was being recorded are not run again. Since the same information is simply being displayed, scriptreplay is only guaranteed to work properly if run on the same type of terminal the typescript was recorded on. Otherwise, any escape characters in the typescript may be interpreted differently by the terminal to which scriptreplay is sending its output. The timing information is what script(1) outputs to standard error if it is run with the -t parameter. By default, the typescript to display is assumed to be named typescript, but other filenames may be specified, as the second parameter or with option -s. If the third parameter is specified, it is used as a speed-up multiplier. For example, a speed-up of 2 makes scriptreplay go twice as fast, and a speed-up of 0.1 makes it go ten times slower than the original session. OPTIONS
The first three options will override old-style arguments. -t, --timing file File containing script's timing output. -s, --typescript file File containing script's terminal output. -d, --divisor number Speed up the replay displaying this number of times. The argument is a floating point number. It's called divisor because it divides the timings by this factor. -m, --maxdelay number Set the maximum delay between transcript updates to number of seconds. The argument is a floating point number. This can be used to avoid long pauses in the transcript replay. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLE
% script --timing=file.tm script.out Script started, file is script.out % ls <etc, etc> % exit Script done, file is script.out % scriptreplay --timing file.tm --typescript script.out SEE ALSO
script(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 James Youngman Copyright (C) 2008 Karel Zak This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Released under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. AUTHOR
The original scriptreplay program was written by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>. The program was re-written in C by James Youngman <jay@ gnu.org> and Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. AVAILABILITY
The scriptreplay command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux /utils/util-linux/>. util-linux September 2011 SCRIPTREPLAY(1)