Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot resolve PTR record issue Post 302844893 by Junaid Subhani on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 08:36:58 AM
Old 08-20-2013
Wrench Cannot resolve PTR record issue

Hi guys,
I am currently receiving the following output in /var/log/syslog and is occurring every second leading to /var directory being full after every 2 days.

Code:
Aug 20 17:32:29 opaldn1 sendmail[2517]: [ID 801593 mail.notice] r7KCOlQm002517: ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<postmaster@silverapp6>, relay=[172.21.100.5], reject=450 4.4.0 <postmaster@silverapp6>... Relaying temporarily denied. Cannot resolve PTR record for 172.21.100.5

silverapp6 is a node in the network and its IP address is 172.21.100.5.

opaldn1 is the DNS server of my environment on which this error is occurring.

How can I resolve this ?

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reg: char ptr - Coredumps

#include <stdio.h> void main() { int Index=1; char *Type=NULL; Type = (char *)Index; printf("%s",Type); } Getting coredump (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
5 Replies

2. Programming

file ptr.

Is there any way to know the filename from an available file pointer. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

3. AIX

Configuring Color Laser ptr in AIX

Hi All, I have Network color laser printer which is to be configured in AIX5L. The Model of the printer is OKI C3200. Will it is supported with AIX 5..? I could not find any drivers for this. Will any compatible drivers are available for this printer... I tried with the default drivers hplj-4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helloajith
2 Replies

4. Programming

int *ptr + max possible value

From reading my C book, Im aware that the integers have a maximum value which depends on what type of processor you are using (since they use 16-bit or 32-bit instructions). Now I know pointers are very flexible, since they can reference anything, but in the case of integer pointers, can they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can any good awk'er resolve this issue?

awk -F^ '{ if ((($1 != "M") && ($5 != "2")) || (($1 != "S") && ($5 != "7"))) print $0}' welcome > welcome1 The "&&" and "||" in the above command is not working with awk. When I run the above command, the same content of welcome is copied to welcome1 without any difference. Your reply is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while splitting a row of record

Hi, I have one file with the following details, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Account_Id Date Id Balance 44 9 1000.00 30 15-10-2173 10 1000.00 42 15-10-2173 10 1200.00 53 01-01-2008 10 1200.00 I need to split up the values in to the respective fields as follows, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance to resolve the KSH issue

am running the small script below. count_a=48 count_b=48 if ; then echo "Count matched" else echo "count not matched" fi I got the below output. /bin/ksh: [48: not found count not matched It was giving the same error when I ran in another box. But I inculded /bin/ksh in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathik
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing issue while reading excel having 3000 record

Hi Need urgent help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premp26
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Solved: Missing A Record] DNS issue

Hi, I have recently built a new DNS server and created a new zone. I use an ESMTP server to handle mail and the new domain has been added to this. I can send mail to gmail and other domain addresses but unable to send it to one particular domain. (DSN:Service Unavailable) DNS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies
TOR-RESOLVE(1)                                                      Tor Manual                                                      TOR-RESOLVE(1)

NAME
tor-resolve - resolve a hostname to an IP address via tor SYNOPSIS
tor-resolve [-4|-5] [-v] [-x] hostname [sockshost[:socksport]] DESCRIPTION
tor-resolve is a simple script to connect to a SOCKS proxy that knows about the SOCKS RESOLVE command, hand it a hostname, and return an IP address. By default, tor-resolve uses the Tor server running on 127.0.0.1 on SOCKS port 9050. If this isn't what you want, you should specify an explicit sockshost and/or socksport on the command line. OPTIONS
-v Display verbose output. -x Perform a reverse lookup: get the PTR record for an IPv4 address. -5 Use the SOCKS5 protocol. (Default) -4 Use the SOCKS4a protocol rather than the default SOCKS5 protocol. Doesn't support reverse DNS. SEE ALSO
tor(1), torify(1). See doc/socks-extensions.txt in the Tor package for protocol details. AUTHORS
Roger Dingledine <arma@mit.edu>, Nick Mathewson <nickm@alum.mit.edu>. AUTHOR
Peter Palfrader Author. Tor 09/26/2014 TOR-RESOLVE(1)