Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk match whole word using a variable Post 302844805 by RudiC on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 04:55:20 AM
Old 08-20-2013
You didn't read Jotne's post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match a exact word in a variable ????

Hi All, Str="online maintenance" if then perform some action I know the above comparison is wrong ..... Actually I am very new to this solaris.. I want to check for online in a variable and perform some action based on that How can I do it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on awk for finding the column number using a match word

Hi Guys, Please help me out in my situation of writing a shell script Exampl:I have a output like asnapply 1 2 3 apply_server=1 apply_schema=ASN asnapply 1 2 3 apply_server=2 apply_schema=ASN Now i need output like asnacmd applysever=1 applyschema=ASN stop asnacmd applysever=2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting a word by different word in variable

Hello Exprets, I have a requirement where i have to subtitue a word with another word. $eachline| sed 's/*$//' a) $eachline will hold a value a path for example user/oracle/Test_admin/myfolder/bakup/part_bkptemp_part_bkp_repeated/list.txt b) $eachline| sed 's/*$//' will give me the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match exact Variable in Awk

I want to match exact string stored in Variable INO and print next two lines. I have written below code which partially matches: awk '/\'$VAR'/{getline; getline; print}' Will be thankful , if somebody can help in to resolve this problem. Please view this code tag video for how to use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitj
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a word after a match

Hi all, I have the below line: 08 03 * * 1-5 XXXXXXXXXXXXX -ENVI LDNFOUAT10 -EXE xxxxxxxx -CONFIG \${xxxxx} -SUBCLASS RESET -START -EXTRAAPPARGS \" -env 38LDNFOUAT10 \" >> /tmp/SRRC_xxxxxxx_start.log.`/usr/bin/date +\%Y\%m\%d` 2>&1 I want to print just one word after the string "-env", in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk match shell variable that contains special characters?

How to match a shell variable that contains parenthesis (and other special characters like "!") file.txt contains: Charles Dickens Matthew Lewis (writer) name="Matthew Lewis (writer)"; awk -v na="$name" ' $0 ~ na' file.txt Ideally this would match $name in file.txt (in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mid Ocean
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the first word if the word three match

Dear ALL, I have sample file : IDcentos-forum,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome IEfedora-milis,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE IRfreebsd-milis,aix,unixbsd,pyton required output: centos,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome fedora,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE freebsd,aix,unixbsd,pyton Can you help me pls.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnulyn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
MHMAIL(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)