Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parallel processing of SQL through Shell Post 302844467 by Showdown on Monday 19th of August 2013 09:23:47 AM
Old 08-19-2013
Oracle

Hi Thanks for providing an option i will give a try and update.

ThanksSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to do parallel processing??

Hi All, I am working on solaris 8 sparc machine with 2 cpu. I am trying to run my application which generates files. I run multiple instance of the application, but the results don't seem to show as if it were runing parallely. When i run the application once it takes 12 secs to generate a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zing
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel processing

Hi I want to run two shell script files parallely. These two scripts are interacting with the database. can any body help on this Pls Regards Audippa naidu.M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: audippa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help With Parallel Processing

Hi I am looking for some kind of feature in unix that will help me write a script that can invoke multiple processes in parallel. And make sure that the multiple parallel processes complete successfully before I proceed to the next step. Someone suggested something called timespid or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imnewtothis23
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel processing

hi i am preparing a set of batches for a set of files sequentially There is a folder /xyz where all the files reside now all the files starting with 01 - will be appended for one below other to form a batch batch01 then all the files starting with 02 - will be appended for one below other to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make parallel processing rather than serial processing ??

Hello everybody, I have a little problem with one of my program. I made a plugin for collectd (a stats collector for my servers) but I have a problem to make it run in parallel. My program gathers stats from logs, so it needs to run in background waiting for any new lines added in the log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samb95
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel SQL sessions in shell script

i have 3 sqls , sql 1 and sql 2 shuld run in parallel , but sql 3 should run after completion f sql1 nd sql2, my code is as below, please suggest the changes sqlplus username1/password1@DB1 @sql >> log1 & sqlplus username2/password2@DB2 @sql2 >> log1 & how can i execute the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing

I have 10,000 + files, each of which I need to zip using bzip2. Is ti possible to use bash to create 8 parallel streams sending a new file to be processed from the list when one of the others has finished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing in AIX (bash shell scripting)

Hi all, I am struggling to build a utility which can do the parallel processing. I achieved same in Linux using xargs -P but same is not working on AIX. I am building file copy utility where I will have all required info in a file (like souce file info and target location details), now i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur singh
2 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)