Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parallel processing of SQL through Shell Post 302844467 by Showdown on Monday 19th of August 2013 09:23:47 AM
Old 08-19-2013
Oracle

Hi Thanks for providing an option i will give a try and update.

ThanksSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to do parallel processing??

Hi All, I am working on solaris 8 sparc machine with 2 cpu. I am trying to run my application which generates files. I run multiple instance of the application, but the results don't seem to show as if it were runing parallely. When i run the application once it takes 12 secs to generate a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zing
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel processing

Hi I want to run two shell script files parallely. These two scripts are interacting with the database. can any body help on this Pls Regards Audippa naidu.M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: audippa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help With Parallel Processing

Hi I am looking for some kind of feature in unix that will help me write a script that can invoke multiple processes in parallel. And make sure that the multiple parallel processes complete successfully before I proceed to the next step. Someone suggested something called timespid or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imnewtothis23
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel processing

hi i am preparing a set of batches for a set of files sequentially There is a folder /xyz where all the files reside now all the files starting with 01 - will be appended for one below other to form a batch batch01 then all the files starting with 02 - will be appended for one below other to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make parallel processing rather than serial processing ??

Hello everybody, I have a little problem with one of my program. I made a plugin for collectd (a stats collector for my servers) but I have a problem to make it run in parallel. My program gathers stats from logs, so it needs to run in background waiting for any new lines added in the log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samb95
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel SQL sessions in shell script

i have 3 sqls , sql 1 and sql 2 shuld run in parallel , but sql 3 should run after completion f sql1 nd sql2, my code is as below, please suggest the changes sqlplus username1/password1@DB1 @sql >> log1 & sqlplus username2/password2@DB2 @sql2 >> log1 & how can i execute the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing

I have 10,000 + files, each of which I need to zip using bzip2. Is ti possible to use bash to create 8 parallel streams sending a new file to be processed from the list when one of the others has finished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing in AIX (bash shell scripting)

Hi all, I am struggling to build a utility which can do the parallel processing. I achieved same in Linux using xargs -P but same is not working on AIX. I am building file copy utility where I will have all required info in a file (like souce file info and target location details), now i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur singh
2 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application "up to date" by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. EXAMPLE
Run computations for about a second and then finish: set x 1000 set done 0 after 1000 set done 1 while {!$done} { # A very silly example! set x [expr {log($x) ** 2.8}] # Test to see if our time-limit has been hit. This would # also give a chance for serving network sockets and, if # the Tk package is loaded, updating a user interface. update } SEE ALSO
after(n), interp(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)