Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Signals
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help with Signals Post 302844187 by Praty.27 on Friday 16th of August 2013 11:23:04 PM
Old 08-17-2013
To be precise I m using SunOS 5.8...I couldn't fine man cosole_codes.. Also..I have missed to quote the exact error above...apologies for that...the error is as below:

^M^[[7m Interrupt ^[[27m

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Signals In HP-UX

does the way of handling, interrupting signals in HP-UX same as that of solaris. If there is difference than what it is.?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signals...

(posted this in the scripting forum as well, but figured it should go here) So, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground process running, let's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
0 Replies

3. Programming

Using Signals

How can use signals in a C program If i want a child program to signal it's parent program that it(child) program has completed the task that it was assigned.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

threads and signals

can any one give me an example of a concurrency program in threads and signals, i.e how to deliver messages between threads using signals. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe_7
0 Replies

5. Programming

threads and signals

can any one give me an example of a concurrency program in threads and signals, i.e how to deliver messages between threads using signals. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe_7
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to debug signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
0 Replies

7. Programming

Can we debug Signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help understanding signals

I am having trouble with folowing sigset_t s; // now s represents set of signals sigemptyset(&s) ; // initialize this set and exclude all the signals from it.is it empty? sigaddset(&s,SIGILL);//this set containts only SIGILL signal sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK,&s,NULL);//lost on this one Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perror with signals

I have following problem with this code.. First time trough the main loop..... perror gives ....blocked signal:success(all other times gives illlegal seek) Should every time trought the main loop be success?? And the perror otside of main loop...didn't change mask:success That line of code... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
eli(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    eli(8)

Name
       eli - error log initialization program

Syntax
       eli [ options ]

Description
       The command initializes error logging.  This command enables error logging of hardware and system-related error packets, or error messages,
       from the kernel errorlog buffer.  It can also disable error logging, reconfigure error logging parameters, or initialize the kernel  error-
       log buffer.

Options
       -d     Disables error logging.

-e     Enables error logging in multiuser mode.

-f     Forces the subsequent option; the system will not prompt.  This is the only command option you can use with another option.

-h     Prints information about the command.

-i     Initializes the kernel errorlog buffer.  The previous contents of the errorlog buffer are lost.

-l     Logs a one-line status message to the kernel errorlog buffer.

-n     Only supported for local error logging.  Disables logging error packets to disk by the daemon. High priority error messages continue
	      to be printed at the console.  Note that error log packets can be viewed by using the option in real time, but are never written	to
	      the disk.  For this reason, this option is rarely used.

-q     Suppresses the periodic display, on the console, of the missed error message that results from a full kernel errorlog buffer.

-r     Reconfigures error logging.  Use this option after changing the file.

-s     Enables error logging in single-user mode.

-w     Enables the missed error message to appear on the console every 15 minutes.  This option is the opposite of

Examples
       This example logs a one-line message into the errorlog file.
       eli -f -l "This is a test message"
       This example logs a message, up to and including the first new line, from the file
       eli -f -l < myfile > /dev/null

Restrictions
       You must have superuser privileges to use the command.

Only the -f option can be used with other options.  You must use the syntax shown in the examples above.

Diagnostics
       eli: Request Aborted.
       The requested action was aborted.  The reason for the aborted command is included with the output.

Files
See Also
       elcsd.conf(5), elcsd(8), uerf(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

eli(8)