Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combination awk and rename
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combination awk and rename Post 302844169 by pcdok on Friday 16th of August 2013 06:11:43 PM
Old 08-16-2013
It is okay like this,
I need to thank you very much for the quick answers..

My script is working now..

Kindly regards
Koen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk and file combination

Hi there, I have 3 files and i want to take different fields from each file and combine them in one. I would like to ask if somebody tell me how can I refer to each field of the different files to write an awk command. I mean can I do sth like awk '........... print $1.file1 $3.file2}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sickboy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Awk Cut Grep Combination Help ?

I have been reading for a few hours trying to educate myself enough to accomplish this task, so please know I have performed some research. Unfortunately, I am not a *NIX scripting expert, or a coder. I come from a network background instead. SO, here is my desired outcome. I have some Cisco... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbzer0
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and rename files

I have a file test1.html like below: <dctm_topnav_en_US> <html> ..... </html> <dctm_topnav_en_CA> <html> ..... </html> <dctm_topnav_en_FR> <html> ..... </html> I need to use awk to split this into three file names like en_US.html , en_CA.html, en_FR.html each having content between... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay52
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a combination of sort/cut/grep/awk/join/paste/sed

I have a file and need to only select users that have a shell of “/bin/bash” in the line using awk or sed please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with awk for file combination

1)file1: | *Local Communication Bandwidths (MB/Sec) | Memory copy (bcopy) | | ^ | mmap_bandwidth | | ^ | mmap_read bandwidth | | ^ | memory write bandwidth | | Local Communication Latencies | Pipe Latency | 2)file2 422.6903 1948.9000 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename file using sed or awk

I have a filename like 1_DATE_3_4.5_888 and I want to modify the date field (ie the last 4 digits ) alone and remove the last field. Old filename:1_DATE_3_4.5_888 Given date (for eg):120606259532 modified date:120606259899 new filename:1_<modified date>_3.4.5 (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy88
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Considerable trouble with for loop in combination with awk

I have the text file where each line has the format: chr10 101418889 101418904 0.816327 Right now the interval between column 2 and 3 is 15. I only want the two consecutive positions starting at position 1, write it to a file, then move up one position write to file etc. So that: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfern
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and rename ?

I have a log file from /m/n/o/A.log with 1 line current content: 19518634,SW,windows_x86_64 and an folder from /x/y/z/testit_folder How do you write a shell script to rename test_folder to changed_monthdate_19518634 If today is 04/23 the name should be changed_0423_19518634 Thanks for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabercats
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count and rename based on fields

In the below awk using the tab-delimited input, I am trying count the - symbol in $5 and output the count as well as the renamed condition ins. I am also count the - symbol in $6 and output the count as well as the renamed condition del. I am also count the tomes that in $5 and $6 there are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or a combination of commands to read and calculate nth lines from pattern

Two numerical lines, found by either header line, need to be added and the total placed in a new-header section. Also the total should should be rounded or cut to a two decimal anynumber.XX format with the AB string added on the end. For example: The numerical lines from headers 2 and 3 are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessandr
3 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action set the message that will be recorded to describe the end-user action in the reflog, when the script updates a ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)