Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combination awk and rename
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combination awk and rename Post 302844156 by Corona688 on Friday 16th of August 2013 05:20:14 PM
Old 08-16-2013
Show some sample input please.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk and file combination

Hi there, I have 3 files and i want to take different fields from each file and combine them in one. I would like to ask if somebody tell me how can I refer to each field of the different files to write an awk command. I mean can I do sth like awk '........... print $1.file1 $3.file2}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sickboy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Awk Cut Grep Combination Help ?

I have been reading for a few hours trying to educate myself enough to accomplish this task, so please know I have performed some research. Unfortunately, I am not a *NIX scripting expert, or a coder. I come from a network background instead. SO, here is my desired outcome. I have some Cisco... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbzer0
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and rename files

I have a file test1.html like below: <dctm_topnav_en_US> <html> ..... </html> <dctm_topnav_en_CA> <html> ..... </html> <dctm_topnav_en_FR> <html> ..... </html> I need to use awk to split this into three file names like en_US.html , en_CA.html, en_FR.html each having content between... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay52
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a combination of sort/cut/grep/awk/join/paste/sed

I have a file and need to only select users that have a shell of “/bin/bash” in the line using awk or sed please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with awk for file combination

1)file1: | *Local Communication Bandwidths (MB/Sec) | Memory copy (bcopy) | | ^ | mmap_bandwidth | | ^ | mmap_read bandwidth | | ^ | memory write bandwidth | | Local Communication Latencies | Pipe Latency | 2)file2 422.6903 1948.9000 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename file using sed or awk

I have a filename like 1_DATE_3_4.5_888 and I want to modify the date field (ie the last 4 digits ) alone and remove the last field. Old filename:1_DATE_3_4.5_888 Given date (for eg):120606259532 modified date:120606259899 new filename:1_<modified date>_3.4.5 (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy88
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Considerable trouble with for loop in combination with awk

I have the text file where each line has the format: chr10 101418889 101418904 0.816327 Right now the interval between column 2 and 3 is 15. I only want the two consecutive positions starting at position 1, write it to a file, then move up one position write to file etc. So that: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfern
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and rename ?

I have a log file from /m/n/o/A.log with 1 line current content: 19518634,SW,windows_x86_64 and an folder from /x/y/z/testit_folder How do you write a shell script to rename test_folder to changed_monthdate_19518634 If today is 04/23 the name should be changed_0423_19518634 Thanks for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabercats
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count and rename based on fields

In the below awk using the tab-delimited input, I am trying count the - symbol in $5 and output the count as well as the renamed condition ins. I am also count the - symbol in $6 and output the count as well as the renamed condition del. I am also count the tomes that in $5 and $6 there are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or a combination of commands to read and calculate nth lines from pattern

Two numerical lines, found by either header line, need to be added and the total placed in a new-header section. Also the total should should be rounded or cut to a two decimal anynumber.XX format with the AB string added on the end. For example: The numerical lines from headers 2 and 3 are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessandr
3 Replies
SoXI(1) 							  Sound eXchange							   SoXI(1)

NAME
SoXI - Sound eXchange Information, display sound file metadata SYNOPSIS
soxi [-V[level]] [-T] [-t|-r|-c|-s|-d|-D|-b|-B|-e|-a] infile1 ... DESCRIPTION
Displays information from the header of a given audio file or files. Supported audio file types are listed and described in soxformat(7). Note however, that soxi is intended for use only with audio files with a self-describing header. By default, as much information as is available is shown. An option may be given to select just a single piece of information (perhaps for use in a script or batch-file). OPTIONS
-V Set verbosity. See sox(1) for details. -T Used with multiple files; changes the behaviour of -s, -d and -D to display the total across all given files. Note that when used with -s with files with different sampling rates, this is of questionable value. -t Show detected file-type. -r Show sample-rate. -c Show number of channels. -s Show number of samples (0 if unavailable). -d Show duration in hours, minutes and seconds (0 if unavailable). Equivalent to number of samples divided by the sample-rate. -D Show duration in seconds (0 if unavailable). -b Show number of bits per sample. -B Show the bitrate averaged over the whole file (0 if unavailable). -e Show the name of the audio encoding. -a Show file comments (annotations) if available. BUGS
Please report any bugs found in this version of SoX to the mailing list (sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
sox(1), soxformat(7), libsox(3) The SoX web site at http://sox.sourceforge.net LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2013 by Chris Bagwell and SoX Contributors. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. AUTHORS
Chris Bagwell (cbagwell@users.sourceforge.net). Other authors and contributors are listed in the ChangeLog file that is distributed with the source code. soxi February 1, 2013 SoXI(1)