Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Nvidia grahics card enormous display in RHEL 6.4 Post 302844107 by lupin..the..3rd on Friday 16th of August 2013 12:13:02 PM
Old 08-16-2013
When you installed the nvidia driver, be sure to choose the option to allow it to modify your xorg.conf file. Also install the 32 bit libraries if you're on a 64 bit system, and use DKMS if you have it. (All of these are prompts during the NVidia driver installation).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nvidia drviers

hi guys i tryed to in stall nvidia driver the other day then i got no kernel found i installed the latest kernal for the drivers rpm based from ftp.nvidia.com and downloaded the pkg 1,2 and the src and the reg bin rpm installed it and droped out of X and init 3 and went to the cmd line and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3bumbs plumming
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Display card for SuSe

Dear all, Does anyone of you know if the SuSe LINUX SLES9 support the display card Intel 915GM (i915)? After my installation of SuSe, the display is not correct in my system. It will become a blank screen after botting the system. Right now, I can only use the CLI in my system. Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AirJason
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire v210 display card

hi all, how can install a display card on a sun fire v210. regards. marcel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelious
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Installing NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run graphics card

I am trying to install this NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run graphics card, it is a GeForce GTX460 EVGA. I have tried all the commands to turn off the Xserver yes I can get it off yes I can get to root prompt or sudo prompt in home directory but every time I use the sh NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdevon
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to display Chinese and Japanese Characters on Rhel 6?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to display Chinese and Japanese Characters on my RHEL 6 Console. There is no more "bogl-bterm" for RHEL6, that is not supported anymore. Is there any way that I could display them? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows->RHEL->RHEL X11 Forwarding?

I know this question might have been asked a lot but couldn't find anything that worked. From a windows machine 'A' I can only SSH into Linux server 'B' from where I can SSH into another Linux server 'C'. I need to be able to run GUI interfaces on server C which run on my Windows machine. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr.prasan
3 Replies
KSC(1)								   User Commands							    KSC(1)

NAME
ksc - Linux kernel module source checker SYNOPSIS
ksc [ -d | --directory ] DIRECTORY ksc [ -k | --ko ] FILE OPTIONS
KSC accepts command-line arguments, and has both a long and short form usage. You can use either style or combine them to specify options. When the tool is run with kernel module sources it checks for all four architectures, and when run with binary kernel modules, it checks for the specific architecture for which the binary was built. Valid RHEL whitelist releases are rhel6.0, rhel6.1, rhel6.2, rhel6.3, rhel6.4 -h, --help show this help message and exit -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG path to the local ksc.conf file. If not specified the tool tries to read from ~/ksc.conf and if that is also not found then from /etc/ksc.conf -d DIRECTORY, --directory=DIRECTORY path to the directory -i, --internal to create text files to be used internally. -k KO, --ko=KO path to the ko file. You should either use -d or -k to run the KSC tool, but not both. If both -d and -k option is used at the same time then only -d is used and the -k option is discarded. -n RELEASENAME, --name=RELEASENAME Red Hat release against which the bug is to be filed. Default value is 6.5 -p PREVIOUS, --previous=PREVIOUS path to the previous resultset file and submit it as a bug to Red Hat Bugzilla. -r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE RHEL whitelist release used for comparison -s, --submit Submits the report to the Red Hat bugzilla (https://bugzilla.redhat.com). The credentials need to be in the /etc/ksc.conf file. The tool will prompt for bugzilla password. The configuration file looks like below: [bugzilla] user=user@redhat.com partner=partner-name partnergroup=partner-group server=https://bugzilla.redhat.com/xmlrpc.cgi -v, --version Prints KSC version number ksc - Version 0.9.11 Feb 2014 KSC(1)