Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Loading AIX kernel extensions on reboot Post 302844100 by jbleistein on Friday 16th of August 2013 11:45:18 AM
Old 08-16-2013
Loading AIX kernel extensions on reboot

Greetings,

Does anyone know how to load AIX kernel extensions on reboot? I know that Oracle loads it's postwait kernel extension via a executable in /etc/inittab. I'm assuming this executable calls the "sysconfig" system call and loads it. What if I wrote my own? What is the proper way in AIX to load it automatically on system reboot? Should I edit the /etc/objrepos/Config_Rules file? I know that file loads the device drivers, which are kernel extensions themselves.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

--Justin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loading redhat causes system to reboot over and over

Hi folks, I tried to load a copy of redhat from CD to an HP6640C. The system reads the first disk and offers me a choice to use the graphic load or the text load. I selct either one and the system seems to start reading the disk then it reboots. It does not give me any errors and except that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkazjazz
0 Replies

2. Linux

problem with kernel module loading

Hi masters, I am new to linux and unix forum and this is my first forum. So please excuse if I am not giving sufficient information. I will give them on request. I have created a bandwidth manager module. I am using a 2.6.9 kernel and in Red Hat 3.4.3 distribution. But when i run make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHEL5 reboot - error loading shared library

Hi All, I have RHEL 5 installed in my system. Something must has happened because when i reboot the server, it came with many error.. /usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0. Can't open shared object files. No such file/directory It finnaly ends with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to automatically reboot to newly compiled kernel with fallback

Hi, I'm new here. Just started playing around with kernel compilation. I need a little bit of advice. I'm trying to do a bash script to automatically compile a kernel package and reboot to that new kernel by default, with fallback to the old kernel. So far, I'm getting stuck at the part... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tridus_08
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Kernel panic after hard reboot and fsck

Could you please help with problem with megaraid controller and Dell PowerEdge 2850, all that I can see on thi screenshot: All drives successfuly passed verifing from LSI controllers (Ctrl+A at startup), also I tried to boot from rescue llive cd and mount all the morrored drives and check... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikkadim
22 Replies

6. Solaris

Loading Kernel module at boot

Is there any link/tutorial on loading Solaris kernel modules at boot time?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisolin
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Grub is not loading the correct kernel

All I am trying to get RHEL 5.4 to load to the XEN enabled kernel but I am not having much luck. My grub.conf looks like it has 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5xen as the 1st one but when I do a uname -a I get the NON xen enabled kernel. I know I am doing something stupid but if anybody has any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razor3928
1 Replies

8. Linux

Disable loading kernel modules

Hi, I am running CentOS 6.5 and I want to remove auto loading 8021q and garp modules, but there are no configure files in /etc/modprobe.d define bot modules. I even added both module names to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, both of them are still loaded after the reboot. How can I disable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX : Find files ignoring certain file extensions

Hi All, I am scripting a program to find and archive files. There are certain file types that I do not want to archive. Below is the scenario. I have created a lookup file which has details on folders days and file extensions that needs to be ignored I have separated the individual into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavinmjr
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Update kernel Linux without reboot?!

Hi Is it a way ? When Linux kernel updated that don't want reboot it means without reboot the new kernel performances Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
7 Replies
reboot(3C)																reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)