Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? If you're a UNIX file or UNIX file system. What are you and why? Post 302843996 by bakunin on Friday 16th of August 2013 04:33:13 AM
Old 08-16-2013
Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!
Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,
Ist wert, daß es zugrunde geht;
Drum besser wär's, daß nichts entstünde.
So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,
Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,
Mein eigentliches Element.

I am the spirit, ever, that denies!
And rightly so: since everything created,
In turn deserves to be annihilated:
Better if nothing came to be.
So all that you call Sin, you see,
Destruction, in short, what you’ve meant
By Evil is my true element.

(Mephistopheles in Goethes Faust. The First Part of the Tragedy.)

I am /bin/false.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I send a file as an attachment (gzip file) on a Unix system

Hi, How do I send a file as an attachment (gzip file) on a Unix system ? Using sendmail. Please help me. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacca
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix - Navigating the file system

When I log on to my unix session I have a default location. But I need to navigate 3 directories up then 6 directories down to where I want to be. There must be a way to create some sort of short cut from my defeault location to my required location. Can anyone help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjaggii
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get file from Unix system

Dear All, I'm new in unix system, when i'm try to get file from Unix system using FTP . I using "get" command for transfer file from unix to windows folder but, there error happened , message is : get filename ERROR : not an SCCS file <col> how can I transfer this file ..?? and how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heru_90
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix File System

Dear All, I want try to using unix,till now i just download 2 Iso file from 5 iso file of Sun Solaris 10. But know I just using unix sun solaris 6.5 that using in my company and I have root password. But some time I'm worry to using root password cos I don't have good basic knowladge about Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heru_90
1 Replies

5. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix file system

which one is correct explanaton for unix file system a. Explaining about directory hierarchy or b. Explaining about boot block , super block? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX FILE SYSTEM

Dear All, We are using COMPAQ DS -10 machines with UNIX 4.0F System is behaving abnormal some directories shows full and they should not be . here is df -k output of a machines file system----1024 block-----used--available--capacity--mounted on /dev/rz17h-----8680793----- 1 --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash.jahangir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies
WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Wikipedia - Automated interface to the Wikipedia SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Wikipedia; my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## search for 'perl' my $result = $wiki->search( 'perl' ); ## if the entry has some text print it out if ( $result->text() ) { print $result->text(); } ## list any related items we can look up print join( " ", $result->related() ); DESCRIPTION
WWW::Wikipedia provides an automated interface to the Wikipedia <http://www.wikipedia.org>, which is a free, collaborative, online encyclopedia. This module allows you to search for a topic and return the resulting entry. It also gives you access to related topics which are also available via the Wikipedia for that entry. INSTALLATION
To install this module type the following: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install METHODS
new() The constructor. You can pass it a two letter language code, or nothing to let it default to 'en'. ## Default: English my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## use the French wiki instead my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'fr' ); WWW::Wikipedia is a subclass of LWP::UserAgent. If you would like to have more control over the user agent (control timeouts, proxies ...) you have full access. ## set HTTP request timeout my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); $wiki->timeout( 2 ); You can turn off the following of wikipedia redirect directives by passing a false value to "follow_redirects". language() This allows you to get and set the language you want to use. Two letter language codes should be used. The default is 'en'. my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'es' ); # Later on... $wiki->language( 'fr' ); follow_redirects() By default, wikipeda redirect directives are followed. Set this to false to turn that off. search() Which performs the search and returns a WWW::Wikipedia::Entry object which you can query further. See WWW::Wikipedia::Entry docs for more info. $entry = $wiki->search( 'Perl' ); print $entry->text(); If there's a problem connecting to Wikipedia, "undef" will be returned and the error message will be stored in "error()". random() This method fetches a random wikipedia page. error() This is a generic error accessor/mutator. You can retrieve any searching error messages here. TODO
o Clean up results. Strip HTML. o Watch the development of Special:Export XML formatting, eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/perl SEE ALSO
o LWP::UserAgent AUTHORS
Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003-2011 by Ed Summers This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-04-05 WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)