Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storing the SQL results in array variables Post 302843984 by Niranjancse on Friday 16th of August 2013 03:51:52 AM
Old 08-16-2013
Code

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
#*****************ORACLE CALL FUNCTION****************
function run_oracle {
sqlplus -s <<%%
${user}/${passwd}
set serveroutput off
set heading off
set feedback off
set verify off
set define off
set linesize 2000
${cmd};
exit
%%
}
#***********ORACLE CALL FUNCTION ENDS*************

#**********PROCESS TO RUN MULTIPLE QUERIES IN PARALLEL USING "&" IN ORACLE FUNCTION*****************
set -A result ### Declaring the Array
set -A Query ### Declaring the Array
i=0
echo "Dear all, Checks are :- ">${mailfile}
echo "" >> ${mailfile}
start_date=`date +'%H:%M:%S'`
while IFS=\| read chk_nbr chk_name chk_query ## Reading queries and check from parameter file ${chk_file} #######
do
echo ${chk_nbr}
cmd="${chk_query}"
Query[${i}]=${chk_name}
echo ${chk_query}
if [ ${chk_nbr} == "Y" ]; then
result[${i}]=`run_oracle | grep -v '^$' | tail -1` &
process[${i}]=`echo $! | head -1`
echo ${process[${i}]}
let i=i+1
fi
done < ${chk_file}
#***********************PROCESS TO RUN MULTIPLE QUERIES IN PARALLEL USING "&" IN ORACLE FUNCTION ENDS*****************

echo `echo ${result[0]}|sed 's/[ ]*//g'` 

cnt=`expr $i - 1`
n=0
while [ $n -le $cnt ]
do
p=${process[$n]} #### FETCHES ALL THE PROCESS IDS WHICH ARE TRIGGERED IN ORACLE BY ABOVE PROCESS #########

c=`ps -A | grep ${p} | tr ' ' '|' | awk -F'|' -v var=${p} '$1==var'|wc -l` #### CHECKS PROCESS IDS ARE LIVE WHICH ARE TRIGGERED ######
if [ $c -eq 0 ]; then 
echo " ${result[${n}]} : ${Query[$n]}"
let n=n+1
fi
done
n=`expr $n - 1`
if [ $n -eq $cnt ]; then
echo "completed successfully!!"
return 0
else
echo "failed.Please run again!"
return 1
fi

---------- Post updated at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:07 PM ----------

Code:
cat ${chk_file}

Y|Duplicate in Table1 |select count(count(*)) from TABLE1  group by COL1,COL2 having count(*)>1

Y|Duplicate in Table2 |select count(count(*)) from TABLE2 group by  COL1,COL2 having count(*)>1

This parameter file will be used by above script to trigger this queries. While i am executing the query output is not being assigned to Array variables. Please help me with this..

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-16-2013 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while storing sql query value in a variable

Hi, When i execute the below statement , the value is not getting stored in the variable. AnneeExercice=`sqlplus $LOGSQL/$PASSWORDSQL << FIN >> $GEMOLOG/gemo_reprev_reel_data_ventil_$filiale.trc SELECT bi09exercice FROM bi09_scenario WHERE bi09idfiliale=UPPER('de') AND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing commands in $variables.

Hi I'm trying to store commands in variables... like so.. # lastcmd=" $t1 | $t2 | $t3 | $t4 | sort | uniq" t1="sed -e 's/http:/<li><a href=\"http:/'" t2="sed -e 's/http:.*/&\">&<\/a>Web Link<br>/'" t3="sed -e 's/.*. mailto:/<li><a href=\"mailto:/'" t4="sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulw0t
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing variables and using them..

Hello Apologies for not having the most accurate of thread titles.. I'm using IBM Rational Synergy CM software. I use the Synergy commands in tandem with Unix commands. I have a directory containing source code objects: bash-3.00$ ccm ls *.fmb *.rdf *.pll *.mmb cre_applications.fmb-1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing outputs into variables

I need to know how to store output from one command so that it can initiate another command. chktraf -s | cut -c1-4 output would look like 321 142 256 342 123 Then if the value of the output = 0, then initiate next command. if then for xx in 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaun74
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL/Plus in a coprocess example. Also saves query results into shell variables

While assisting a forum member, I recommended running SQL/Plus in a coprocess (to make database connections and run a test script) for the duration of his script rather than starting/stopping it once for every row in a file he was processing. I recalled I made a coprocess example for folks at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store results of multiple sql queries in shell variables in ksh?

Hi, I have a script where I make a sqlplus connection. In the script I have multiple sql queries within that sqlplus connection. I want the result of the queries to be stored in shell variables declared earlier. I dont want to use procedures. Is there anyway else. Thanks in advance.. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux?

Hi, I am new to linux... How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux,i want ti generate it in param files, Can anyone please explain me. Ex: SQL> Select * from EMP; O/P: Emp_No Emp_Name 1 AAA 2 BBB 3 CCC and I want expected... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sravana Kumar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
INTVAL(3)								 1								 INTVAL(3)

intval - Get the integer value of a variable

SYNOPSIS
int intval (mixed $var, [int $base = 10]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the integer value of $var, using the specified $base for the conversion (the default is base 10). intval(3) should not be used on objects, as doing so will emit an E_NOTICE level error and return 1. PARAMETERS
o $var - The scalar value being converted to an integer o $base - The base for the conversion Note If $base is 0, the base used is determined by the format of $var: o if string includes a "0x" (or "0X") prefix, the base is taken as 16 (hex); otherwise, o if string starts with "0", the base is taken as 8 (octal); otherwise, o the base is taken as 10 (decimal). RETURN VALUES
The integer value of $var on success, or 0 on failure. Empty arrays return 0, non-empty arrays return 1. The maximum value depends on the system. 32 bit systems have a maximum signed integer range of -2147483648 to 2147483647. So for example on such a system, intval('1000000000000') will return 2147483647. The maximum signed integer value for 64 bit systems is 9223372036854775807. Strings will most likely return 0 although this depends on the leftmost characters of the string. The common rules of integer casting apply. EXAMPLES
Example #1 intval(3) examples The following examples are based on a 32 bit system. <?php echo intval(42); // 42 echo intval(4.2); // 4 echo intval('42'); // 42 echo intval('+42'); // 42 echo intval('-42'); // -42 echo intval(042); // 34 echo intval('042'); // 42 echo intval(1e10); // 1410065408 echo intval('1e10'); // 1 echo intval(0x1A); // 26 echo intval(42000000); // 42000000 echo intval(420000000000000000000); // 0 echo intval('420000000000000000000'); // 2147483647 echo intval(42, 8); // 42 echo intval('42', 8); // 34 echo intval(array()); // 0 echo intval(array('foo', 'bar')); // 1 ?> NOTES
Note The $base parameter has no effect unless the $var parameter is a string. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Throws E_NOTICE and returns 1, when an object is | | | passed to $var. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
boolval(3), floatval(3), strval(3), settype(3), is_numeric(3), Type juggling, BCMath Arbitrary Precision Mathematics Functions. PHP Documentation Group INTVAL(3)