Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting lines between patterns and perform operations Post 302843975 by krishmaths on Friday 16th of August 2013 02:08:23 AM
Old 08-16-2013
Code:
awk '{if($1=="Record"){print a;a="Record"} else {a=a" "$0}}' record.csv | awk 'BEGIN{print "Amount, TotalSales, Time";OFS=","} /Amount/&&/TotalSales/&&/Time/ {print $3,$5,$7}'

This User Gave Thanks to krishmaths For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can sed perform editing operations ONLY in the matched region?

Hi: Let's suppose I want to replace all the | by > ONLY when | is between . Usually (and it works) I would do something like sed -e 's/\(\*\)|\(*\]\)/\1>\2/g' where I have to "save" some portions of the matched region and use them with the \n metacharacter. I was wondering if I could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islegmar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operations on a file with Deletion , Modification and Insertion of lines

Hi All , Given a file , I need to delete , modify and insert lines matching certain patterns in that file using shell scripting. e.g. If a file FILE1 has following content : CUST.ABC.DEF = CUST.ABC.DEF * CUST.ABC.DEF PRINTF(CUST.ABC.DEF) CUST.ABC.DEF = mid(CUST.ABC.DEF,10.34)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapnil.nawale
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get the lines between two patterns?

hi, I have the following file hello world this is to say bye to everyone so bye I want to get the lines from hello to the first bye inclusive into another file? how can I do this (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform Operations on One File Conditional on Data in Another File

Hello all, I am looking for a solution to the following problem. Perl or python solutions also welcome. Given this input: And this input: I want to get this output. The rule being that if the number in the first file is < 0.9, then the corresponding two columns on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydrabane
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform operations as a non root user

Hi All, I need a help in the below scenario. I want to perform few operations as a non root user but those operations can be performed only by the root user. For example I need to modify /etc/hosts file as a non root user. This is just one scenario. Could you please provide... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform multiple operations on a number before storing to a variable?

(I am using bash) I have a command that will find the line number in a file by searching for a string where it exists. linenumber=$(grep -n "string" $FILENAME | cut -d : -fi) This returns the line number and removes the string. Now that I have the line number I want to subtract 4 from it and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete multiple lines between blank lines containing two patterns

Hi all, I'm looking for a way (sed or awk) to delete multiple lines between blank lines containing two patterns ex: user: alpha parameter_1 = 15 parameter_2 = 1 parameter_3 = 0 user: alpha parameter_1 = 15 parameter_2 = 1 parameter_3 = 0 user: alpha parameter_1 = 16... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy last few lines of a file, perform math operation and iterate further

Hi, I am trying to generate a data of following order: 4 0 1 642 643 4 642 643 1283 1284 4 1283 1284 1924 1925 4 1924 1925 2565 2566 4 2565 2566 3206 3207 4 3206 3207 3847 3848 4 3847 3848 4488 4489 4 4488 4489 5129 5130 ---------------------- 4 1 2 643 644 4 643 644 1284... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaPa
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)