Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Split File based on String? Post 302843942 by OTNA on Thursday 15th of August 2013 06:33:01 PM
Old 08-15-2013
Wow , thank you
can you please explain how this script doing this magic

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split the String based on condition?

hi , I have a String str="/opt/ibm/lotus/ibw/latest" or ="/opt/lotus/ibw/latest" this value is dynamic..I want to split this string into 2 strings 1. /opt/ibm/lotus(/opt/lotus) this string must ends with "lotus" 2./ibw/latest can any body help me on this? Regards, sankar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar reddy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on field

Hi I have a large file 2.6 million records and I am trying to split the file based on last column. I am doing awk -F"|" '{ print > $NF }' filename1 After around 1000 splits it gives me a error awk: can't open file 3332332423 input record number 1068, file filename1 source... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_adu
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the file based on date value

Hi frnds, I have flat file as . Say : output-file1.txt Output-file2.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split file based on subtitle

Hi, unix Gurus, I want to split file based on sub_title. for example: original file fruit apple watermelon meat pork fish beef expected result file file1 fruit apple watermelon file2 meat pork fish beef. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on size

Hi Friends, Below is my requirement. I have a file with the below structure. 0001A1.... 0001B1.. .... 0001L1 0002A1 0002B1 ...... 0002L1 .. the first 4 characters are the sequence numbers for a record, A record will start with A1 and end with L1 with same sequence number. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Split String into smaller substrings based on count

KSH HP-SOL-Lin Cannot use xAWK I have several strings that are quite long and i want to break them down into smaller substrings. What I have String = "word1 word2 word3 word4 .....wordx" What I want String1="word1 word2" String2="word 3 word4" String3="word4 word5" Stringx="wordx... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A command to split a file into two based on a string

Hello What command can i use to split a tab delimited txt file into two files base on the occurrence of a string my file name is EDIT.txt The content of file is below XX 1234 PROCEDURES XY 1634 PROCEDURES XM 1245 CODES XZ 1256 CODES It has more than a million record If there is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: madrazzii
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File based on different conditions

I need to split the file Conditions: Ignore any record that either starts with 1 or 9 Split the file at position 404 , if position 404 is abc or def then write all the records in a file > File 1 , the remaining records should go in to a file > File 2 Further I want to split the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: protech
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Split one file to many based on pattern

Hello All, I have records in a file in a pattern A,B,B,B,B,K,A,B,B,K Is there any command or simple logic I can pull out records into multiple files based on A record? I want output as File1: A,B,B,B,B,K File2: A,B,B,K (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal1dealer
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the File based on Size

I have a file that is about 7 GB in size. The requirement is I should split the file equally in such a way that the size of the split files is less than 2Gb. If the file is less than 2gb, than nothing needs to be done. ( need to done using shell script) Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
4 Replies
fileutil::magic::cgen(n)					  file utilities					  fileutil::magic::cgen(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fileutil::magic::cgen - Generator core for compiler of magic(5) files SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require fileutil::magic::cgen ?1.0? package require fileutil::magic::rt ?1.0? package require struct::tree package require struct::list ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the generator backend for a compiler of magic(5) files into recognizers based on the fileutil::magic::rt recognizer runtime package. For the compiler frontend using this generator see the package fileutil::magic::cfront. COMMANDS
::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script This command converts the recognizer specified by the script into a tree and returns the object command of that tree as its result. It uses the package struct::tree for the tree. The script is in the format specified by magic(5). ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a string encoding the tree for human consump- tion, to aid in debugging. ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a Tcl script, the recognizer for the file types represented by the sub-tree rooted at the node. The generated script makes extensive use of the commands provided by the recognizer runtime package fileutil::magic::rt to perform its duties. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil :: magic of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
file(1), fileutil, magic(5) KEYWORDS
file recognition, file type, file utilities, mime, type CATEGORY
Programming tools fumagic 1.0 fileutil::magic::cgen(n)