Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with trap and signals
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with trap and signals Post 302843930 by Basherrr on Thursday 15th of August 2013 05:24:59 PM
Old 08-15-2013
Also Is there a way to tell what commands, like sleep, are being ran as a child process? Is there a way to make these commands to be ran in a parent process?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Signals In HP-UX

does the way of handling, interrupting signals in HP-UX same as that of solaris. If there is difference than what it is.?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to trap signals.

hi!!, i wanna trap all Signal 10, 11, 15 generated by any process running on my server irrespective of the user and wanna write to a log file. Any ideas? Do this script need to be a root process?? :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cntl+z Trap is not detecting ??? Help required to add a trap detection ???

Hi folks, I have tried to add some trap detection in the below script....this script is used to monitor database activities...in a rather awkward way :rolleyes:.... The idea behind adding trap is that....this script creates lots of temporary files in the running folder to store the count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signals...

(posted this in the scripting forum as well, but figured it should go here) So, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground process running, let's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
0 Replies

6. Programming

Using Signals

How can use signals in a C program If i want a child program to signal it's parent program that it(child) program has completed the task that it was assigned.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how trap the signals in shell scripting

Hi all, I have the c program that c program has to be in sleep mode. I want write a script the it should trap the signal from the c program. The signals are sighup,sigkill,sigterm,sigchld and then it has to go to sleep. If signal is sigchld it has to do to some function. My question is how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

VM trap may work differently than a pure install trap.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: That is the last reply I received from my instructor, and I'm looking for some alternatives. When using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newuser45
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Signals

Hi All, The problem statement is as below: Problem: A process (exe) is getting executed in background. The output of this process is getting logged in a file. After successfully running for some time the process gets terminated. In the log file following is present: ^M[7m Interrupt ^M[27m... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praty.27
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg trap signals

let LIMIT=50 function check { if ]; then print LIMIT OK else print "LIMIT changed!" fi } trap check DEBUG print $LIMIT LIMIT=$((LIMIT + 30)) trap - DEBUG Can anyone tell me how debugging is accomplished?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthick N
4 Replies
lastcomm(1)							   User Commands						       lastcomm(1)

NAME
lastcomm - display the last commands executed, in reverse order SYNOPSIS
lastcomm [-f file] [-x] [command-name] ... [user-name] ... [terminal-name] ... DESCRIPTION
The lastcomm command gives information on previously executed commands. lastcomm with no arguments displays information about all the com- mands recorded during the current accounting file's lifetime. If called with arguments, lastcomm only displays accounting entries with a matching command-name, user-name, or terminal-name. If extended process accounting is active (see acctadm(1M)) and is recording the appro- priate data items, lastcomm attempts to take data from the current extended process accounting file. If standard process accounting is active, lastcomm takes data from the current standard accounting file (see acct(2)). If terminal-name is `- -', there was no controlling TTY for the process. The process was probably executed during boot time. If terminal- name is `??', the controlling TTY could not be decoded into a printable name. For each process entry, lastcomm displays the following items of information: o The command name under which the process was called. o One or more flags indicating special information about the process. The flags have the following meanings: F The process performed a fork but not an exec. S The process ran as a set-user-id program. o The name of the user who ran the process. o The terminal which the user was logged in on at the time (if applicable). o The amount of CPU time used by the process (in seconds). o The date and time the process exited. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f file Uses file as the source of accounting data. file may be either an extended process accounting file or a standard process accounting file. -x Uses the currently active extended process accounting file. If extended processing accounting is inactive, no output will be produced. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Listing executions of named commands The command example% lastcomm a.out root term/01 produces a listing of all the executions of commands named a.out by user root while using the terminal term/01. Example 2: Listing all user commands The command example% lastcomm root produces a listing of all the commands executed by user root. FILES
/var/adm/pacct standard accounting file /var/adm/exacct/proc extended accounting file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
last(1), acctadm(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), sigvec(3UCB), core(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2000 lastcomm(1)