Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String Constant C
Top Forums Programming String Constant C Post 302843839 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 15th of August 2013 10:20:36 AM
Old 08-15-2013
The duration of objects in a C program varies.

"Hello World" is a constant and the memory persists for the duration of the program. The pointer is only visible from the function it was called from, the way you have coded it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

'strlen' of a constant string

In a declaration, I have: const char comment_begin = "<!--"; const char comment_end = "-->"; const int comment_begin_len = strlen(comment_begin); const int comment_end_len = strlen(comment_end); When I compile, I get the warnings: emhttpc.c:64: warning: initializer element is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Constant mirroring

I'm not sure how to best explain what I'd like to do, so let me give an example. I used to work in a department that deals with internet security. This department had an "internal" website (only people in the building can get on it) and an "external" website (anyone in the world can get on it --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sstevens
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose random text between constant string.. using awk?

Hallo I have maybe a little bit advanced request.... I need to choose one random part betwen %.... so i have this.. % text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 % text2 text2 text2 text2 text2 % text3 text3 text3 tetx3 % this choose text between % awk ' /%/... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandwich
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Constant disturbing messages????

Hi friends, I am new to Solaris, I have just managed to install Solaris 10 under VirtualBox. As I use the system, I constantly get some very disturbing error messages on my screen, I hope you will help me remove them. Messages are # syslogd: line 24: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble appending string constant to variable

Hi. I define my variables as: month=jul DD=17 YEAR=2012 transmission_file_name_only=test_$month$DD$YEAR_partial.dat However when I run my script the variable 'transmission_file_name_only' resolves to: File "/downloads/test_jul17.dat" not found. How can I append this '_partial'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve awk: line 1: runaway string constant error?

Hi All ! I am just trying to print bash variable in awk statement as string here is my script n=1 for file in `ls *.tk |sort -t"-" -k2n,2`; do ak=`(awk 'FNR=='$n'{print $0}' res.dat)` awk '{print "'$ak'",$0}' OFS="\t" $file n=$((n+1)) unset ak doneI am getting following error awk:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
7 Replies

7. Debian

LM 17.3 xfce constant lagging

I'm using LM 17.3x LIVE. Have constant and sometimes, severe lagging issues. Problems started when I "upgraded" to 18.3x. I tried 5 other distros all with the same issues. Went back to 17.3 and , alas, the problem followed. Found this: sudo gedit /etc/sysctl. conf vm. swappiness = 15, but all it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
4 Replies
SSAStringCpy(3SNMP)					      SNMP Library Functions					       SSAStringCpy(3SNMP)

NAME
SSAStringCpy, SSAStringInit, SSAStringToChar, SSAStringZero - Sun Solstice Enterprise Agent string helper functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lssasnmp [ library .. ] #include <impl.h> void *SSAStringZero(String *string); int SSAStringInit(String *string, uchar_t *chars, int len, char *error_label); int SSAStringCpy(String *string1, String *string2, char *error_label); char *SSAStringToChar(String string); DESCRIPTION
The SSAStringCpy() function makes a deep copy of string2 to string1. This function assumes that string1 has been processed by the SSAS- tringZero() function. Memory is allocated inside the string1 and the contents of string2, not just the pointer, is copied to the string1. If an error is encountered, an error message is stored in the error_label buffer. The SSAStringInit() function copies the char array from chars to the string instance with the specified length len. This function assumes that the string instance has been processed by the SSAStringZero() function or no memory is allocated inside the string instance. If an error is encountered, an error message is stored in the error_label buffer. The SSAStringToChar() function returns a temporary char array buffer for printing purposes. The SSAStringZero() function frees the memory inside of the String instance, but not the string object itself. RETURN VALUES
The SSAStringInit() and SSAStringCpy() functions return 0 if successful and -1 if error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Apr 2006 SSAStringCpy(3SNMP)