Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get lines having a variable in perl? Post 302843775 by greet_sed on Thursday 15th of August 2013 02:36:52 AM
Old 08-15-2013
Did you add use 5.010 line in your code?

Use print instead of say to avoid errors.

for ex:
Code:
print "$ra\n";
print;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lines from file to variable

I have a text file that contains a word on each line. I want to be able to use each word as a variable to be put into a URL. I have been trying to put together a for loop but I am not having much luck. So basically all I am trying to do is for line in ~/desktop/test.txt do curl -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iCONAN
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple variable in a variable in Perl

Hi All, I am trying to convert the below Csh while loop into Perl while loop but the problem is that in this csh script, i have 2 variables inside a variable -> $count is a variable {SB$count} as a whole is another variable. Csh is able to assign values to such variable like the below but i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Insert lines before lines.

Hi, New problem, or challenge as they prefer in the US. I need to insert some lines in a file before certain other lines. To make it more clear: Original file: aaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd bbbbb fffff ggggg Now I want to insert the line "NEW_NEW_NEW" when I match "fffff", but I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two perl lines into a single perl command

Hi Everyone, i have a string 00:44:40 so: $tmp=~ s/://gi; $tmp=~s/({2})({2})({2})/$1*3600+$2*60+$3/e; the output is 2680. Any way to combine this two lines into a single line? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append variable to only certain lines

Hi There! I'm trying to write a shell script which generates a random hexadecimal number and then appends it to the end of lines XX onwards of a certain file. XX is determined by a certain string on the previous line. Thus for example, if the input file is I search for the string... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how can we name a variable base on value of another variable

Hey all, perl - how can we name a variable base on the value of another variable? for example in ksh/bash we do : export c="100" export x`echo $c`=2000 echo $x100 x100=2000 is it possible to do something similar for perl? I already tried many ways but nothing is working. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cacm1975
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to break up a lines in a variable

I was trying to figure out a way to split along a CR in a variable. In the code below, the result for CPU returns CPU=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i 'model name' |awk -F ':' '{ print $2}'` for echo $CPU AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baggins2000
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help - how to assign output of perl to variable

Hi, guys, i have a script i inherited from a coworker but i'm not perl savy. The script works but i would like it to work better. I want to run this command ./ciscomgrtest.pl -r "show version" -h hosts.router and have the script goto each router in the hosts.router file and run the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whipuras
2 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	 Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal - A Visitor for breadth-first traversal a Tree::Simple hierarchy SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal; # create an visitor my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal->new(); # pass our visitor to the tree $tree->accept($visitor); # print our results print join ", " => $visitor->getResults(); # this will print this: # 1, 2, 3, 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 3.1, 1.1.1 # assuming your tree is like this: # 1 # 1.1 # 1.1.1 # 1.2 # 2 # 2.1 # 3 # 3.1 DESCRIPTION
This implements a breadth-first traversal of a Tree::Simple hierarchy. This can be an alternative to the built in depth-first traversal of the Tree::Simple "traverse" method. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter" method to customize its behavior. includeTrunk ($boolean) Based upon the value of $boolean, this will tell the visitor to include the trunk of the tree in the traversal as well. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are collected. This can be used to customize output, or to gather specific information from a more complex tree node. The filter function should accept a single argument, which is the current Tree::Simple object. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. getResults This method returns the accumulated results of the application of the node filter to the tree. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)