Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Poll of sorts - on LDAP
Operating Systems AIX Poll of sorts - on LDAP Post 302843680 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 11:28:58 AM
Old 08-14-2013
Thanks for your replies. Finally not in a plane, visiting customers, etc..

IDS seems daunting - but it does have the schema for supporting all AIX user attributes. Most customers I see usig LDAP and not IDS only support/use the RFC2307 (basically /etc/passwd and /etc/group entries) and rely on the files in /etc/security - in particular /etc/security/user - but never think to update them.

Also, no RBAC/TE support, by default, in non-IDS.

I doubt I will experiment with AD (what I hear is if you add the AIX schema AD is out of support) as customers do not like to "go out of support". So, when they use AD as server for AIX they use the AD equivalent of RFC2307.

I expect openLDAP to support RFC2307 - out of the box. I have been reading their documentation and am hopeful that the AIX schema can be added in without too much difficulty - since that know have a tool for configuring slapd - keeping the config info in private ldif files, similiar to how IDS does it's configuration.

Just remember, in discussions, IDS does not really need to be administered/updated in the LDAP internals if it is only being used for AIX - IDS/ITDS is already configured for AIX support. AND - when used for AIX only - there is no additional charge. FYI...

@Lerphil - are you using openLDAP with rfc2307AIX schema, or rfc2307 only?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

select vs poll

Hi, Off late I had been looking at the differences b/w select() & poll() system calls. The requirement is to reduce the overhead, processor power in waiting for the data. In the kind of connections under consideration there would be very frequent data arriving on the sockets, so poll() fares... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a script which sorts a file

I have a file below which has a list of users and roles with each row having unique combination of users and roles. USER1 ROLE1 USER1 ROLE2 USER2 USER3 ROLE1 USER3 ROLE2 USER3 ROLE3 USER4 ROLE2 .... .... I am trying to create a script which sorts the above file to have all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to poll for new files?

Hi , i have a requirement in which i have to ftp files to unix from windows and vice versa. I have to encrypt files in windows which will then be decrypted in unix and vice versa. Now the process needs to be automated ..therefore when windows server or unix server recieves the files a shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifzgud
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that sorts and show only unique IP

Hi, I have this data: Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 100 Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 70 Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 30 Jun 16 200.242.67.142 = 65 Jun 16 125.77.107.212 = 40 Jun 16 125.77.107.212 = 60 And I want to have the ff ouput: Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 200 Jun 16 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use poll() for I/O multiplex

Hi, guys: I want to write my own shell using C. I am confused about the usage of I/O multiplex. Does anyone know some examples or explain it to me ? Thanks so much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomlee
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

something like LDAP Administrator 2011.1 "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI

Hi I am searching a tool like "LDAP Administrator 2011.1"/ "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI. Wish to use LDAP-SQL in scripts (non Windows GUI environment) http://ldapadministrator.com/resources/english/2011.1/images/sqlquery_large.png Softerra LDAP Administrator 2011.1 - What's New OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
AFP_LDAP.CONF(5)						   Netatalk 2.2 						  AFP_LDAP.CONF(5)

NAME
afp_ldap.conf - Configuration file used by afpd(8) to configure a LDAP connection to an LDAP server. That is needed for ACL support in order to be able to query LDAP for UUIDs. DESCRIPTION
/etc/netatalk/afp_ldap.conf is the configuration file used by afpd to set up an LDAP connection to an LDAP server. Any line not prefixed with # is interpreted. Note You can use afpldaptest(1) to syntactically check your config The required parameters and their meanings are: PARAMETER
ldap_server Name or IP address of your LDAP Server ldap_auth_method Authentication method: none | simple | sasl none anonymous LDAP bind simple simple LDAP bind sasl SASL. Not yet supported ! ldap_auth_dn Distinguished Name of the user for simple bind. ldap_auth_pw Distinguished Name of the user for simple bind. ldap_userbase DN of the user container in LDAP. ldap_userscope Search scope for user search: base | one | sub ldap_groupbase DN of the group container in LDAP. ldap_groupscope Search scope for user search: base | one | sub ldap_uuuid_attr Name of the LDAP attribute with the UUIDs. Note: this is used both for users and groups. ldap_name_attr Name of the LDAP attribute with the users short name. ldap_group_attr Name of the LDAP attribute with the groups short name. EXAMPLES
Example. afp_ldap.conf setup with simple bind ldap_server = localhost ldap_auth_method = simple ldap_auth_dn = cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=org ldap_auth_pw = notthisone ldap_userbase = ou=users,dc=domain,dc=org ldap_userscope = one ldap_groupbase = ou=groups,dc=domain,dc=org ldap_groupscope = one ldap_uuid_attr = some_attribute ldap_name_attr = cn ldap_group_attr = cn SEE ALSO
afpd(8), AppleVolumes.default(5), afpldaptest(1) Netatalk 2.2 30 Mar 2011 AFP_LDAP.CONF(5)