Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Automatic script to change the UNIX Password Post 302843645 by vbe on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 09:41:35 AM
Old 08-14-2013
Why not simply use passwords that dont expire then?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change password script in Unix easily..

I have more than 50 server unix's password need to change, usually I assign one password for all hosts, for easy remember, but I need to change password every two months..it's very tried to change password every 2 months, is there any unix script that can change password easily? ie ' script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change UNIX password

My shop has just ordained that all UNIX passwords expire after 45 days. We do NOT have a "single logon" facility, so I will need to logon to each of the servers (15+) I interact with and change my password by hand. I thought I could invoke passwd inside a ksh script as a Here document and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornshellmaven
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic FTP Script from windows to unix machine

Hi i need to FTP files from windows to unix(sun) machine using script. what are the scripts commands i need to use to transfer files Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmkreddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to change the UNIX password prompt?

Hi guys, I got these 3 servers: a, b and c which I ssh from a to b/c. a:$ ssh userid@b Password: a:$ ssh userid@c userid@c's password: Notice that the password prompt is different (highlighted in bold) on both servers even though their SUN Solaris version the same, OpenSSH version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to change password

Hello Gurus I have little challenge which I do not know how to address it. I have unix account on many servers (let's say over 25). These accounts expire every 60 days. Is there scripts that I can run from my "local computer" and pass a new password to it where it would change it for me on all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic su password entry script

Before I start, two things. 1) Yes I know it's bad practice and obomination to all things holy, but I'm not a sys admin at JP Morgan, I'm a hobbyist tooling about in a VM, in my pants, at home. 2) If you are just going to flame for even considering hardcoding a root password, thanks, I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change password in UNIX

Hi Friends, Every morning i need to change the password, please advise how it can be automated. I am having pre planned password list for 4 months which can be used as input file for new passwords. Thanks (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
28 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to change the password

Hi Folks, I am trying to change the password for the user "sysservice" Where my requirement is login to each server and exit from that and ssh to the next server.. I have enabled the password less auth for the user sysservice. for i in `cat /home/sysservice/servers.txt` do ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
lchage(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lchage(8)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user user is required to change the password). -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 to disable this checking. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to 99999 to disable this checking. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 12 2005 lchage(8)