Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to create/write into spreadsheet Post 302843628 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 08:23:15 AM
Old 08-14-2013
install the
Code:
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how i write script to create 30 processes

helo i make one process for com port . in that i create two thread one for reading data and another for writing data to com port. now i want to write a script which create 30 processes for handling 30 com port. is it good solution for handling 30 com port. Thx & Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a Perl script

Hello friends, I am having a awk script which does my goal , but I want to learn perl , after learning the basics in perl now I am trying to convert my nawk script to perl . Please help me to do some task in perl that I ve already did in nawk. Like I am facing some problem in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to write script to create directory

Please help. I am the beginner. Don't understand about archive file. How to create a directory for the files from each archive with name of directory which equivalent to the base name of the archive. eg I have file abc.txt. How can I create a directory name abc. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snail
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To write a shell script which groups files with certain pattern, create a tar and zip

Hi Guru's, I have to write a shell script which groups file names based upon the certain matching string pattern, then creates the Tar file for that particular group of files and then zips the Tar file created for the respective group of files. For example, In the given directory these files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahu_sg
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a shell script for write files with 2 parameters

Hello, I'm a newbie in shell script. So, i would like to create a shell script which take 2 IN parameters (PARAM1 and PARAM2). This script need to create 2 files as : I need to create this file /etc/apache2/sites-available/PARAM2 : <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "/home/PARAM1/www"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatlumo
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Spreadsheet on Perl in UNIX

Very new to UNIX, so still getting used to all this. I made a Perl script where I want to create a spreadsheet file when extracting "data" from a text file. Now, this works perfectly fine on my Windows OS since I'm using the Win32 libraries with Microsoft Excel, but when I want to try it out on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to find, write, repeat...

I am a novice writing perl scripts so I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer. I have a list of 100 words in a file (words.txt) and I need to find them in a second file (data.txt). Whenever one of these words is found I need to write that line to a third file (out.txt) and then continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tgamble
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a update query in perl script?

can any one suggest me on how to write a update query in perl script for Oracle database and also tell me abt how we can write a code for sending mails with report as attachment to appropriate persons? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramesh V Kumar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to create spreadsheet in cgi script

hi folks, I am trying to download xlsx from cgi page in browser but not sure where I made a mistake. the cgi script contains the code for creating xlsx and just by clicking on the image I should be able to #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Excel::Writer::XLSX; use DBI; use DBD::mysql; use CGI;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perlscript to read and write the datausing perl script? Regards, Ravi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
0 Replies
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser(3pm)

NAME
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser - Rewrite an existing Excel file. SYNOPSIS
Say we start with an Excel file that looks like this: ----------------------------------------------------- | | A | B | C | ----------------------------------------------------- | 1 | Hello | ... | ... | ... | 2 | World | ... | ... | ... | 3 | *Bold text* | ... | ... | ... | 4 | ... | ... | ... | ... | 5 | ... | ... | ... | ... Then we process it with the following program: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser; # Open an existing file with SaveParser my $parser = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser->new(); my $template = $parser->Parse('template.xls'); # Get the first worksheet. my $worksheet = $template->worksheet(0); my $row = 0; my $col = 0; # Overwrite the string in cell A1 $worksheet->AddCell( $row, $col, 'New string' ); # Add a new string in cell B1 $worksheet->AddCell( $row, $col + 1, 'Newer' ); # Add a new string in cell C1 with the format from cell A3. my $cell = $worksheet->get_cell( $row + 2, $col ); my $format_number = $cell->{FormatNo}; $worksheet->AddCell( $row, $col + 2, 'Newest', $format_number ); # Write over the existing file or write a new file. $template->SaveAs('newfile.xls'); We should now have an Excel file that looks like this: ----------------------------------------------------- | | A | B | C | ----------------------------------------------------- | 1 | New string | Newer | *Newest* | ... | 2 | World | ... | ... | ... | 3 | *Bold text* | ... | ... | ... | 4 | ... | ... | ... | ... | 5 | ... | ... | ... | ... DESCRIPTION
The "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser" module rewrite an existing Excel file by reading it with "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel" and rewriting it with "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel". METHODS
Parser new() $parse = new Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser(); Constructor. Parse() $workbook = $parse->Parse($sFileName); $workbook = $parse->Parse($sFileName , $formatter); Returns a "Workbook" object. If an error occurs, returns undef. The optional $formatter is a Formatter Class to format the value of cells. Workbook The "Parse()" method returns a "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser::Workbook" object. This is a subclass of the Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook and has the following methods: worksheets() Returns an array of "Worksheet" objects. This was most commonly used to iterate over the worksheets in a workbook: for my $worksheet ( $workbook->worksheets() ) { ... } worksheet() The "worksheet()" method returns a single "Worksheet" object using either its name or index: $worksheet = $workbook->worksheet('Sheet1'); $worksheet = $workbook->worksheet(0); Returns "undef" if the sheet name or index doesn't exist. AddWorksheet() $workbook = $workbook->AddWorksheet($name, %properties); Create a new Worksheet object of type "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Worksheet". The %properties hash contains the properties of new Worksheet. AddFont $workbook = $workbook->AddFont(%properties); Create new Font object of type "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Font". The %properties hash contains the properties of new Font. AddFormat $workbook = $workbook->AddFormat(%properties); The %properties hash contains the properties of new Font. Worksheet Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser::Worksheet Worksheet is a subclass of Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Worksheet. And has these methods : The "Worksbook::worksheet()" method returns a "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser::Worksheet" object. This is a subclass of the Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Worksheet and has the following methods: AddCell $workbook = $worksheet->AddCell($row, $col, $value, $format [$encoding]); Create new Cell object of type "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Cell". The $format parameter is the format number rather than a full format object. To specify just same as another cell, you can set it like below: $row = 0; $col = 0; $worksheet = $template->worksheet(0); $cell = $worksheet->get_cell( $row, $col ); $format_number = $cell->{FormatNo}; $worksheet->AddCell($row +1, $coll, 'New data', $format_number); TODO
Please note that this module is currently (versions 0.50-0.60) undergoing a major restructuring and rewriting. Known Problems You can only rewrite the features that Spreadsheet::WriteExcel supports so macros, graphs and some other features in the original Excel file will be lost. Also, formulas aren't rewritten, only the result of a formula is written. Only last print area will remain. (Others will be removed) AUTHOR
Maintainer 0.40+: John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org Maintainer 0.27-0.33: Gabor Szabo szabgab@cpan.org Original author: Kawai Takanori kwitknr@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 John McNamara Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Gabor Szabo Copyright (c) 2000-2002 Kawai Takanori and Nippon-RAD Co. OP Division All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.10.1 2010-09-17 Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser(3pm)