Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Free() corrupted unsorted chunks Post 302843579 by Karunx on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 04:24:13 AM
Old 08-14-2013
@jim mcnamara
Thanks for your reply..
There is no code change and also make file didnt use the library file libmtmalloc in both SOLARIS and LINUX.

---------- Post updated at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:44 AM ----------

@Don Cragun,jim mcnamara,Alister

Existing SOLARIS is 32 bit and Migrating environment LINUX-Redhat is 64 bit
We are generating 32-bit executables only and the verbatim code works fine sometimes in LINUX.
We are not sure,why the code is failing intermittently.
Is there any specific RPM need to be installed ?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove chunks of text from file

All, So, I have an ldif file that contains about 6500 users worth of data. Some users have a block of text I'd like to remove, while some don't. Example (block of text in question is the block starting with "authAuthority: ;Kerberosv5"): User with text block: # username, users,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: staze
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two unsorted files

Hi Guys, I'm a complete shell scripting newbie and need some help with comparing a file against a master file and outputting the results. master.txt would look something like this: 000123 000345 000341 000927 000762 000235 000155 000452 000846 000623 file.txt would look like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ven
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

onstat -d chunks perl monitor

I have a file I need to monitor with a perl script with the following format. I need to send off a 0 if it is above 95 in the 5th colum and a 1 if it is below. Any help on a simple perl script would be great. 75424958 999975 983170 /dev/rmetrochunk00 98.32 760c2dd8 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlaigo2
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining chunks of data

Hi there! Need help on some issue, I have data like this: 123 456 789 012 i need it to be like this: 123789 456012 Anyone has any idea how to do this? Thanks! Regards, Ken How to use code tags (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kennethtls
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two large unsorted csv files

Hi All, My requirement is to write a shell script to compare two large csv files. I've created sample files for explaining my problem i.e., a.csv and b.csv contents of files: ----------------- a.csv ------ Type,Memory (Kb),Location HD,Size (Mb),Serial # XT,640,D402,0,MG0010... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasavi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file into chunks of 1TB

Hi I have a file with different filesystems with there sizes. I need to split them in chucks of 1TB. The file looks like vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 187428400 10601AW1 vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 479504596 10604AW1 vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 19940 10605AID vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 1242622044... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chunks of bash shell programming

I am going to provide a chunks of codes that I do not understand. Please help with them in a layman's terms. 1) ${DEBUG:-0} -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2) print "${1}" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two unsorted unequal files extracted from xml

I have two files for comparison which are extracts from set of xml files. file1 has: Comparing File: BRCSH1to320140224CC3.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:OUT UIZZ:0 :: ERAZ:1.000000 UIZZ:0 :: CTZZ:B UIZZ:0 :: CCAZ:MYR Comparing File: BRMY20140224CC18REG013SPFNSY13.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:INB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamsi gunda
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one directory to another in chunks

All, I have an application that is not working properly and the company is 'in the process' of fixing it. In the meantime, I want to write a bash script work-around. However, what I thought was going to be simple is seemingly not. Need: - Move files from one directory to another in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl: Can someone please explain this code "sort { $a <=> $b } @unsorted"

@sorted = sort { $a <=> $b } @unsorted; I am having hard time understanding how this works? I know the output but interested to know the working. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
2 Replies
MYTOOL(1)							  LINUX COMMANDS							 MYTOOL(1)

NAME
mytool - manipulate map files for yudit, uniconv and uniprint SYNOPSIS
mytool [ -info ] [ -test ] [ -showkeys ] [ -decode ] [ -encode ] [ -strip ] [ -benchmark ] [ -name new-name ] [ -comment new-comment ] [ -type new-type ] [ -write output-file ] [ -my input-file ] [ -mys input-file ] [ -rmys input-file ] [ -kmap input-file ] [ -rkmap input- file ] [ -uni:l,u input-file [ -8 ] [ -high ] [ -low ] [ -runi:l,u input-file [ -8 ] [ -high ] [ -low ] ] [ -convert out-file-format ] DESCRIPTION
mytool is a my map file manipulation program in the yudit distribution. It can generates so-called binary nbit ( my ) map file that can map any sequences of bytes into any sequences of bytes. These sequences of bytes can be grouped into 1,2,4 and 8 bytes long words. The input sequence length may be different from the matched sequence length. 'i / 'n -> 'b specifies that the word 'in' produces 'b' but only the 'i is consumed from the input buffer. It can also generate a so-called binary umap file, that maps 8 or 16 bit single words into 16 bit single words and it contains the reverse map too. It can also disassemble the input map and produce a mys source file. The input can be a binary umap file, a my file, mys file a uni and a kmap file for yudit. It is recommended that all kmap files use the new mys format because it gives more freedom to define the mapping. The yudit distribution has a simple document yudit/doc/my.doc on the binary map formats, and a source file example file yudit/mytool/my/example.mys please refer to this for more details. OPTIONS
-info prints out a small information on the current map. -test lets you test the map interactively. -showkeys show alls the keys in the map file. -encode builds a state machine in the encoding part of the map file. The resulting map file can be written to disk with the -write option The resulting my files can contain state machines to speed-up conversion. A state machine based my file can manifest 10%-70% perfor- mance improvement, so it may be desirable for encoding fontmaps. For fontmaps the bumap format might be better suited where only one character and not a sequence of characters need to be mapped. -decode builds a state machine in the decoding part of the map file. -strip strips off the state machines from the map files. The -write option can be used to save the new map file. -benchmark option performs a simple benchmark test on the map file, to compare speed of simple, state machine based and binary map based map files. -nocomment option strips all comments from an input source file of format mys kmap uni. It does not strip comments from a binary file. -name new-name assigns a name to the map file. -comment new-comment assigns a comment to the map file. -type new-type assigns a map file a distinctive type, that can be kmap or fontmap but it is only informative. Keymaps can be used as fontmaps and vice versa. -write output-file writes the data into an output file. mytool never modifies the original file. All modifications should be explicitly saved with the this option. Never specify the same file for input and output. -my input-file load a binary map file. Only one of this option can be specified. -mys input-source-file load a source file. -rmys input-source-file load a source file and reverse it - make encoding from decoding and vice versa. -kmap input-source-file load a source file in kmap format. -rkmap input-source-file load a source file and reverse it - make encoding from decoding and vice versa. -uni:l,u input-source-file load a source file in Unicode Consortium format. This format has the local code in column l, and unicode in column u. The numbering of columns start from 0. -runi:l,u input-source-file load a source file in Unicode Consortium format and reverses it. Make encoding from decoding and vice versa. -8 option can be used with the -uni or -runi options. It specifies that the input is 8 bit and not 16 bit. -high option can be used with the -uni or -runi options. It specifies that the key should be or'ed with 0x8080. -low option can be used with the -uni or -runi options. It specifies that the key should be and'ed with 0x7f7f. -convert output-file-format converts the map file to a format. It is useful only when combined with -write otion. The possible formats are my -binary, mys -source, myc -my-c-source, umap -umap-c-source, bumap -binary-umap formats. For maps where only a single 8 or 16 bit local code should be converted into 16 bit unicode and vice versa, the umap file formats are recommended. The c-source files are provided so that you can inlucde a full map into the c program. DIAGNOSTICS
mytool prints out an error message and exits with a non-zero status on error. If there is no error the exit status is zero. SEE ALSO
uniconv AUTHOR
This program was written by gsinai@iname.com (Gaspar Sinai). Tokyo, 03 January, 2000. LINUX COMMANDS
Jan 03 2000 MYTOOL(1)