Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory usage in AIX server
Operating Systems AIX Memory usage in AIX server Post 302843542 by System Admin 77 on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 05:42:50 PM
Old 08-13-2013
Thanks much for your response....@ Robin, @ Zaxxon...and @Michael
I really appreciate your ideas.......

As per your comments/ideas, i understand that
It is not a problem/bottleneck...If RAM (memory) utilization in AIX goes beyond 99% .
The only issue is when there is a paging activity......lets say....paging space goes above 20% (page in/out)

In my case, i see lot of Memory utilization 99% all the time
but 1% paging space.
no paging activity.

REAL MEMORY --> 24 GB
% comp --> 29
% non comp --> 64
% client --> 64

paging space
1 % used

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by System Admin 77; 08-13-2013 at 06:52 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kollam68
1 Replies

2. AIX

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kollam68
3 Replies

3. AIX

High memory usage in AIX 5.1

Hi, We have AIX 5.1 machine of RAM 8 GB and paging space is 8GB. we are getting high memory usage of almost 99%.Can anybody please help in this ? Partial vmstat o/p kthr memory ----- ----------- r b avm fre 2 1 278727 1143 There is no paging issue.Becoz in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayakumarrt
5 Replies

4. AIX

Memory usage on AIX

How to check the memory usage on AIX by various processes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 Physical Memory usage

Hi, I have AIX 5.3TL8 two node cluster using HACMP and have 10g database using RAW devices. I am seeing gradual increase in comp% memory everyday and it reaches 100% and evicts the node, we had 4 evictions in 40days. I am pasting vmstat and vmo output, anyone seen this issue? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navin7386
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX memory usage always high

hi, I want to ask , my AIX 6.1 is always used about 97% memory. Is this normal ? or any command can free up memory like Linux ? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virusxx
1 Replies

9. AIX

Regarding AIX Memory Utilization usage calculation

Hello, Am working on small program that used to calculate the memory usage of AIX servers. Am using svmon -G command to get the memory usage. For example, consider the following output. $ svmon -G size inuse free pin virtual mmode memory ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthu
9 Replies

10. AIX

AIX memory usage by processes

Hi, i have 2 identical web servers using AIX. I use nmon analyser to check their performance. The server A exceeds 20% memory usage for system, 5% for cache and the rest 75% for processes. While, it uses 4% of Paging Space. The server B exceeds 20% for system, 45% for cache and 35% for processes.... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: dim
24 Replies
Info::CiscoStats(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Info::CiscoStats(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::CiscoStats - Perl5 Interface to CPU and Memory stats for Cisco Devices AUTHOR
Eric Miller, Max Baker, Sam Stickland SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $ciscostats = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, # These arguments are passed directly on to SNMP::Session DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $ciscostats->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
SNMP::Info::CiscoStats is a subclass of SNMP::Info that provides cpu, memory, os and version information about Cisco Devices. Use or create in a subclass of SNMP::Info. Do not use directly. Inherited Classes None. Required MIBs CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB CISCO-PROCESS-MIB CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB SNMPv2-MIB OLD-CISCO-SYSTEM-MIB CISCO-STACK-MIB CISCO-ENTITY-VENDORTYPE-OID-MIB CISCO-FLASH-MIB ENTITY-MIB MIBs can be found at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/v2.tar.gz GLOBALS
$ciscostats->cpu() Returns ios_cpu() or cat_cpu(), whichever is available. $ciscostats->cpu_1min() Returns ios_cpu_1min() or cat_cpu1min(), whichever is available. $ciscostats->cpu_5min() Returns ios_cpu_5min() or cat_cpu5min(), whichever is available. $ciscostats->mem_total() Returns mem_free() + mem_used() $ciscostats->vendor() 'cisco' $ciscostats->os() Tries to parse if device is running IOS or CatOS from description() Available values : pix Cisco PIX asa Cisco ASA fwsm Single-mode FWSM fwsm-admin Admin context of multi-context FWSM fwsm-context Standard context of multi-context FWSM ace-admin Admin context of ACE module ace-context Standard context of ACE module (NB: No OS version detection is available, but will be the same as it's 'ace admin') css Cisco Content Switch css-sca Cisco Content Switch Secure Content Acceleration $ciscostats->os_ver() Tries to parse device operating system version from description() $ciscostats->os_bin() Tries to parse ROMMON version from rom_id() string $ciscostats->ios_cpu() Current CPU usage in percent. 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.56.0 = "OLD-CISCO-CPU-MIB:avgBusyPer" $ciscostats->ios_cpu_1min() Average CPU Usage in percent over the last minute. 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57.0 $ciscostats->ios_cpu_5min() Average CPU Usage in percent over the last 5 minutes. 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0 $ciscostats->cat_cpu() Current CPU usage in percent. "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal5sec.9" $ciscostats->cat_cpu_1min() Average CPU Usage in percent over the last minute. "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal1min.9" $ciscostats->cat_cpu_5min() Average CPU Usage in percent over the last 5 minutes. "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal5min.9" $ciscostats->mem_free() Main DRAM free of the device in bytes. "CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB::ciscoMemoryPoolFree" $ciscostats->mem_used() Main DRAM used of the device in bytes. "CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB::ciscoMemoryPoolUsed" $ciscostats->mem_total() Main DRAM of the device in bytes. "CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB::ciscoMemoryPoolFree" + "CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB::ciscoMemoryPoolUsed" $ciscostats->flashmem_total() Flash memory of the device in bytes. "CISCO-FLASH-MIB::ciscoFlashDeviceSize" TABLE METHODS
Cisco Memory Pool Table ("ciscoMemoryPoolTable") $ciscostats->cisco_mem_free() The number of bytes from the memory pool that are currently unused on the managed device. ("ciscoMemoryPoolFree") $ciscostats->cisco_mem_used() The number of bytes from the memory pool that are currently in use by applications on the managed device. ("ciscoMemoryPoolUsed") Cisco Flash Device Table ("ciscoFlashDeviceTable") $ciscostats->cisco_flash_size() Total size of the Flash device. For a removable device, the size will be zero if the device has been removed. ("ciscoFlashDeviceSize") perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::CiscoStats(3pm)