Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add previous Sundays date to filename Post 302843541 by ahamed101 on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 05:32:05 PM
Old 08-13-2013
Check these
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...-filename.html

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...-filename.html

Code:
user@Imperfecto_:~$ date -d last-sunday 
Sun Aug 11 00:00:00 IST 2013

Oh and I found these links using a magic trick aka "Search"!

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add date to a filename

Hi I want to add the date to a filename in a script I have. So I want exp myfile01-FEB-2005.dmp How do I get the 01-FEB-2005 in there? Cheers Rich (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richard1975
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specify a previous date as start date in shell script

Hi, I am trying to modify a script which accepts date in format dd/mm/yy. I am trying to modify the script so that it retrieves the date that was 15 days earlier from today as start date. Eg.if today is 05/09/2006, the script should retrieve 21/08/2006 as start date. Is there any script/code to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritzwan0
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting previous filename

hello experts, H r u . i just need to get the previous file from the latest file let say. fileA fileB fileC fileD fileE in this case fileE is the latest file but i need a script which will always get the name of the previouse file like fileD. currently i am using this command to get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append Previous Days date to filename

I need to append previous days date to my file which is generated using a script. I am working on Solaris 10. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twisha
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Previous yearmonth in filename

Hi, I have a script that is looking for Files with a previous Year-month format. example if the script runs anyday in Oct2011 it has to look for Sept2011 files. it looks for FILENMAE_201109.TXT. I had used the code below and it works fine for many months but fails for Oct2011.. date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Previous Month To Filename

Dear experts, I'm using solaris 5.10 and bash. I want to zip file "Amount.txt" to "Amount.zip" and rename it to "Amount_<prev_month>_<this year>.zip". For example, file for this month should be renamed to "Amount_06_2012.zip", for next month it should be "Amount_07_2012.zip". I have no problem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris.adrianto
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking the count of sundays between two date ?

Hi Am using unix Ksh Datecalc and --date functions are not working have two input variables as DATE=01/12/2012 DATE1=23/12/2012 Need output as no of sundays = 4 Can anyone help me pls :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to fetch previous month first date and last date

I am not able to fetch first date and last date previous month date -d -1month +%Y-%m-%d date -d -1month +%Y-%m-%d I need two format dd-mm-yyy previous month 01-03-2016 previous month 31-03-2016 and also only date 1 to 31 Aprriciate your replay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
4 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3)				     Library Functions Manual				      PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_precision - set the time stamp precision returned in captures SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_precision(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_precision); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_precision() sets the precision of the time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_precision. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). Two time stamp precisions are supported, microseconds and nanoseconds. One can use options PCAP_TSTAMP_PRECISION_MICRO and PCAP_TSTAMP_PRE- CISION_NANO to request desired precision. By default, time stamps are in microseconds. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp precision is expected to be supported by the operating system, PCAP_ERROR_TSTAMP_PRECISION_NOTSUP if operating system does not support requested time stamp precision, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated. SEE ALSO
pcap(3), pcap_get_tstamp_precision(3), pcap-tstamp(7) 27 August 2013 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3)