Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Thoughts on HACMP: Automatic start of cluster services Post 302843525 by MichaelFelt on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 03:55:10 PM
Old 08-13-2013
Since HACMP 5.X the cluster manager gets started automatically - that is why it is in the inittab.

There are three kinds of resource groups and each have their own startup (node just coming up) and recovery policy.

So, to be to the point: HACMP v4 and earlier did not have HACMP in inittab as best practice - because the cluster manager was not always active. Starting with HACMP v5 the cluster manager is always active, so the daemons (not the resource groups) are always (meant to be) activated when the node/server starts.

Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Cluster Ready Services waiting for SunCluster on x86 to start

Recently i faced problem starting oracle application on my galaxy cluster on one node.In the log i found that the CRS demon was not started after the booting of the node , so i manually tried to start it but faced some error. So here are the work around that i had done and the CRS services got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
0 Replies

2. AIX

xntpd starts after reboot only when HACMP services are started ?

Hello, Running AIX 6.1, AIX machine is HACMP node. Recently I set up ntp service. Started xntpd by hand - everythig is OK. Configured xntpd to start after reboot and rebooted the machine. After reboot checked xntpd: # lssrc -a|grep ntp xntpd tcpip ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
5 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP 5.4.1 Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant fails

This post just as a follow-up for thread https://www.unix.com/aix/115548-hacmp-5-4-aix-5300-10-not-working.html: there was a bug in the clcomdES that would cause the Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant to fail even with a correct TCP/IP adapter setup. That affected HACMP 5.4.1 in combinatin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shockneck
0 Replies

4. AIX

MQ upgrade(ver.6to7) in a HACMP cluster

Hi What is the procedure to upgrade the MQ from 6 to 7 in aix hacmp cluster. Do i need to bring down the cluster services running in both the nodes and then give #smitty installp in both the nodes separately. Please assist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
0 Replies

5. AIX

Make system backup for 2 nodes HACMP cluster

Hi all, I was wondering if someone direct me in how to Make system backup for 2 nodes HACMP cluster ( system image ) . What are the consideration for this task (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

7. AIX

[Howto] Update AIX in HACMP cluster-nodes

As i have updated a lot of HACMP-nodes lately the question arises how to do it with minimal downtime. Of course it is easily possible to have a downtime and do the version update during this. In the best of worlds you always get the downtime you need - unfortunately we have yet to find this best of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
4 Replies

8. AIX

Re-cluster 2 HACMP 5.2 nodes

Hi, A customer I'm supporting once upon a time broke their 2 cluster node database servers so they could use the 2nd standby node for something else. Now sometime later they want to bring the 2nd node back into the cluster for resilance. Problem is there are now 3 VG's that have been set-up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elcounto
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

10. AIX

Clstat not working in a HACMP 7.1.3 cluster

I have troubles making clstat work. All the "usual suspects" have been covered but still no luck. The topology is a two-node active/passive with only one network-interface (it is a test-setup). The application running is SAP with DB/2 as database. We do not use SmartAssists or other gadgets. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
8 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_node command [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_node - Tool for displaying low-level node information OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -Q, --quiet Essential output only Stack: -A, --openais Only try connecting to an OpenAIS-based cluster -H, --heartbeat Only try connecting to a Heartbeat-based cluster Commands: -n, --name Display the name used by the cluster for this node -N, --name-for-id=value Display the name used by the cluster for the node with the specified id -e, --epoch Display the epoch during which this node joined the cluster -q, --quorum Display a 1 if our partition has quorum, 0 if not -l, --list Display all known members (past and present) of this cluster (Not available for heartbeat clusters) -p, --partition Display the members of this partition -i, --cluster-id Display this node's cluster id -R, --remove=value (Advanced) Remove the (stopped) node with the specified name from Pacemaker's configuration and caches In the case of Heartbeat, CMAN and Corosync 2.0, requires that the node has already been removed from the underlying cluster Additional Options: -f, --force AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.10-29.el7 June 2014 PACEMAKER(8)