Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle to shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle to shell script Post 302843435 by rafa_fed2 on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 08:04:53 AM
Old 08-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishbabuy
hi i had some cursors defined in the stored procedure and some select statements. update statements n even insert. so how to implement all these?

Smilie
Like this

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#######################################################################
# ORACLE ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE DECLARATION(check your ORACLE_HOME variable)
#######################################################################
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/product/10g; export ORACLE_HOME 
PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin; export PATH

### Connecting to ORACLE DATABASE

echo "SQLPLUS CONNECTION"

sqlplus -s USERNAME/DB_PASSWD@ORACLE_SID<<EOF>
set feedback off
set heading off
select * from dual  ;
##write your procedures ,functions,etc here
EOF

###Check if connection to ORACLE DB was successfull of not
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
echo " SQLPLUS Connection Successful "
else
echo " SQLPLUS Connection Failed "
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Data loading in Oracle

Hi All I am new to unix. I need a shell script to load a datafile in to oracle. I already have a control file, and data file. all I need is if i execute the shell it must load the data using the ctl file to table. Control file : PAY0001.ctl Datafile : mon_grs_det.dat log file :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuraja_r
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

oracle connection from shell script

Hi, For connecting to oracle my script is using the command sqlplus username/password@db_instance_name.For this to work i am setting ORACLE_HOME,TNS_ADMIN and ORACLE_SID in a seperate script.My question is,could we make a connection to oracle just by the command sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - insert oracle

Hi Frnds, in shell script I have one problem while inserting into oracle table . my script #! /usr/bin/sh while read record do echo $record X=`sqlplus -s STN/errrmddb20@MAHFDR <<eof insert into STN.STN_ERROR_TABLE values($record); eof`... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with Oracle PL/SQL

Hi Gurus, I am new to this unix world...I need your help to walk through. I want to learn shell scripting..... The shell script which can be able to use with oracle pl/sql... So please suggest me which shell is good. Which Unix/Linux version is good for this to Install to get practice the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaneshAnanth
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help on Oracle insert from shell script

Hi All I am trying to create a shell script to insert in to oracle table so far insert happens with out an issue, but i cant pass message variable to sqlplus script insert. i have highlighted the variable in red. Please help. thanks in advance. #!/bin/sh df -H | grep -vE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LPK
3 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)