Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Global Pattern - exclude directories Post 302843238 by vino_hymi on Monday 12th of August 2013 12:21:05 PM
Old 08-12-2013
Yes, i did.

---------- Post updated at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:40 PM ----------

And one more information, the script works perfectly in my Mac bash terminal but fails in solaris sun bash terminal.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNUTAR exclude directories

Hi, Can anyone help me with the following: I want to make a backup from my (AIX) system. But I don't want to backup a couple of temp-directories. I tried it with the X-option, but that didn't work. I hope that someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Corine (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBlueLady
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command to exclude directories

Howdy I have this directory structure ... eep eepaptest eepfatest eepgltest eep.old eeppoptest ehf ehfaptest ehfgltest ehp ehpgltest I want to find files in these directories, but I want to exclude eep, ehf & ehp. Cany anyone help with the correct command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmurfGGM
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find but exclude directories

Hello, I have a line in my script to find the files changed in the last 24 hours. It is as below: find /home/hary -type f -mtime -1 I now want to exclude a directory named "/home/hary/temp/cache" from the above find command. How do I add it to my script? Any help is appreciated. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tadi18
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Find command to exclude sub-directories

Hi Forum. I'm trying to write a script that finds and deletes files that are older than 300 days. The script will read a table that contains the following 3 columns: 1st col: “Y” means sub-directory scan; "N" means no subdirectory scan 2nd col: sub-directory location 3rd col: File prefix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude the empty directories

Hi., I have a script, in which I am processing a files present in the directory types. ls -lrt | grep ^d | grep Dir_type | awk -f '{print $9}' |\ while read dir_name; do #operations done where Dir_type is the pattern in which directories get created. How to filter out empty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl exclude directories in command line

Hi, I use find command to list all the files in a directory and its sub-directories, but the problem is to exclude certain directories during search. Can i give the directory names in command line to skip them and search rest of the directories? For example i have directories: test ../test1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmattam
1 Replies

7. Programming

Using sql like to choose a pattern and exclude a pattern

Hi, I am writing an sql query in which i have to choose only that url that are from particular host but are not zip files. something like: select * from mytable where url like '%myhost%' and url not like '%zip%' Is there a simple way to combine these two condition into one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
3 Replies

8. AIX

Exclude Directories in my tar command

Hi, im having some issues after i execute the next command: tar -cvf /varios/restore/test.tar -X /jfma/test1/excludefile /jfma | gzip -c > /varios/restore/test.tar.gz this creates the desired "test.tar.gz" file, but whe i try to open it it says "tar: 0511-164 There is a media read or write... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude directories in FIND command

Can you please help tweak the below command to exclude all directories with the name "logs" and "tmp" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.tar*" ! -name "*.bkp*" \) -exec /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -i "user_1" /dev/null {} + >result.out bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)