Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with typeset in Linux
Operating Systems Linux Issue with typeset in Linux Post 302843207 by sumqwe on Monday 12th of August 2013 10:59:40 AM
Old 08-12-2013
Hi,

We are in Red Hat Linux and ksh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset -f ???

I have found this command *typeset* and the option * -f *, which should provide me the list of all the currently defined functions. Is there any possibility of specifying the file in which this command to search ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinfinity
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset

Can anyone show me a simple practical usage of typeset. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

typeset-r

Hi All , Can any one help me the meaning of typeset -r Thanks, venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatakotiy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typeset

Hi, Can any one please explain me the use of 'typeset' in shell scripting? I donot under stand the use and advantages of using typeset. In one of our script, it is written like typeset VERBOSE NO_UPDATE typeset LOAD_SYBASE_TABLES I donot understand what actually these lines do. As per my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typeset in HP-UX and Linux

typeset -u xname1=$mname1 is working fine in HP-UX. But it throwing below error in Linux: line 40: typeset: -u: invalid option typeset: usage: typeset name . Please suggest. Thanks, Ambar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset command issue

Hi, As per my understanding typeset wil lmake a variable constant or readonly and -i option will make a variable integer. But please see the below outputs typeset -i abc=000001;echo $abc 1 typeset -i abc=0000010;echo $abc 8 typeset -i abc=00000100;echo $abc 64 typeset -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset

I don't have man typeset entry in unix. what is the use of typeset command and can you give some examples for that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typeset issue

function fxn { echo "target in build_ndm is $target" } function main { target=${server_type} echo "target in main is $target" fxn } In the above the value of target is not being propagated to the function while ideally it should be since typeset variables are visible in sub... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharad.40216
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All, Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent. I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help. files_to_process=" abc_*.log def_*.log ghi_*.log " typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process} the script is failing in Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
LSNS(8)                                                        System Administration                                                       LSNS(8)

NAME
lsns - list namespaces SYNOPSIS
lsns [options] [namespace] DESCRIPTION
lsns lists information about all the currently accessible namespaces or about the given namespace. The namespace identifier is an inode number. The default output is subject to change. So whenever possible, you should avoid using default outputs in your scripts. Always explicitly define expected columns by using the --output option together with a columns list in environments where a stable output is required. Note that lsns reads information directly from the /proc filesystem and for non-root users it may return incomplete information. The cur- rent /proc filesystem may be unshared and affected by a PID namespace (see unshare --mount-proc for more details). lsns is not able to see persistent namespaces without processes where the namespace instance is held by a bind mount to /proc/pid/ns/type. OPTIONS
-J, --json Use JSON output format. -l, --list Use list output format. -n, --noheadings Do not print a header line. -o, --output list Specify which output columns to print. Use --help to get a list of all supported columns. The default list of columns may be extended if list is specified in the format +list (e.g. lsns -o +PATH). -p, --task pid Display only the namespaces held by the process with this pid. -r, --raw Use the raw output format. -t, --type type Display the specified type of namespaces only. The supported types are mnt, net, ipc, user, pid, uts and cgroup. This option may be given more than once. -u, --notruncate Do not truncate text in columns. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. AUTHORS
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), namespaces(7) AVAILABILITY
The lsns command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux December 2015 LSNS(8)