Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help removing output from .sh script Post 302843187 by MadeInGermany on Monday 12th of August 2013 09:59:20 AM
Old 08-12-2013
With two efficiency tricks and extended range it becomes
Code:
du -sk * | sort -rnk1 | awk '
NR>10 {exit}
{
  if ($1>1073741824) {$1=$1/1073741824; t="TB"}
  else if ($1>1048576) {$1=$1/1048576; t="GB"}
  else if ($1>1024) {$1=$1/1024; t="MB"}
  else {t="KB"}
}
{printf "%10s %s %s\n",$1,t,$2}
'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing first line from output

my script gives 10 outputs continuously..In each output i have to remove the first line in the output.How to do that. for eg : below is my output 0.00 1.00 5.00 0.00 7.00 i have to remove the first line of this output ie;0.00 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Garbage output

I am using following code to read myfile.ddl line by line. But the thing is it is printing lot of garbage which are the names of the files and directories in which myfile.ddl is present. Kindly refine the code so that only myfile.ddl contents are only read LOGFILE="logfile.txt"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Null data in output

Hello all, I have a script that has an infile with system package information. For the most part the script is looking well. The only thing i need help is in testing for null entries and removing null data. #!/usr/bin/ksh for i in `cat /mwncps/bin/eco_pack` do NAME=`pkginfo -l |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help removing characters for output file in shell script

hi i'm new to shell scripts and have a small problem i am running a batch converter that returns all flash .flv files in a directory and create a png image from each one the problem i have is the $1 variable , its ok on the first call but on the secound call $1.png , i have extra... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingchun22
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces from the output of a head command

Im running the below commands in a script. Total_confirms=`cat $OUTPATH/count_po* | head -4 | tail -1` # echo "Total Confirms records we need: $Total_confirms" >> $LOG2 The problem is its always returning 4 spaces before the result.. Can I pipe the result into something else to remove the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Characters From finger Output

Hi Does anyone know of a command that will extract only the Login name alison and year 2005 from the following output. jamesm> finger alison Login name: alison In real life: Alison Smith - Queensland Directory: /data/home/alison Shell: /usr/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing unnecessary eol ($) character from Oracle sql query output

Hi All, I am fetching oracle query result in shell variable. As columns numbers are more the output wraps in unix terminal .i.e one complete record in db gets store in multiple lines. with each line ends with $ character. I want to remove these unnecessary $ character but to keep required $... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harshal22
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in removing control M and Line feed in output file.

Hi All, In my output file i am getting control m character and also the line feeds at different places and with different combinations, the content of the file is supposed to be in a single line but if there is a line feed in between then from there onwards it's going into new line. I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin Kumar
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing characters and some output

Hi guys, So I am using an awk command to return a specific column in a file. I also need to remove some extra characters. What I have is :: (http-/0.0.0.0:8091-9)|23:00:41 And what I want is : http-/0.0.0.0:8091-9 I tried using the td command but it is only removing the ( ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)