Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl split match regular expression with or Post 302843043 by rajamadhavan on Monday 12th of August 2013 12:56:35 AM
Old 08-12-2013
Are you looking for something like this?

Code:
my ($k,$v) = ($1,$2) if(m/(.+)F[W:|V](.+)/);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exact match with regular expression

Hi I have a file with data arranged into columns. The first column is the chromosome name. When I use grep to subset only rows with chr1, I get chr1 but also chr10, chr11,.. How do I get only rows with chr1? grep chr1 filein > fileout head fileout chr1 59757841 chr11 108258691 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdhahbi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression match

Hi all, any idea how to match the following: char*<no or any string or space> buf and char *<no or any string or space> buf i need to capture the buf characters too. currently i need two checks to cover this: #search char* <any string> buf or char *<any string> buf @noarray =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChaMeN
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression to match repeated characters

Hello All I have file which contain sample data like below - test.txt ---------------------------------------------- jambesh aaa india trxxx sdasd mentor asss light train bbblah --------------------------------------------- I want to write a regX which would print only those... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression match

I am trying to match a similar line using grep with regular expression the line is /remote/mac/pbbbb/abc/def/hij/hop/include/abc/tif/element/test/testfiles/Office.cpp:57: const OfficeType& getType().get() const; I just need to extract the bold characters using grep with regular expression.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

regular expression for split function in perl

Hi, Below is an example of a record I have, which I wish to split using the perl's split function and load it into an array. I am having tough time figuring out the exact reg-ex to perform the split. Given record: "a","xyz",0,2,48,"abcd","lmno,pqrR, stv",300,"abc",20, The delimiter to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jghoshal
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression - To match a Dynamic URL

Hello All, I have a requirement to match a dynamic url and extract each of the directory and page and store it -Only PERL style Regular EXP as it will be used in informatica - REG_EXTRACT function Example Input URLs: 1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression exact match

hi everyone suppose we have two scenario echo ABCD | grep \{4\} DATE echo SYSDATE | grep \{4\} SYSDATE i want to match the string of four length only please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

8. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Regular Expression to match files in Perl

Hi Everybody! I need some help with a regular expression in Perl that will match files named messages, but also files named message.1, message.2 and so on. So really I need one that will find messages and messages that might be followed by a period and a digit without matching other files like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hax0rc1ph3r
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression match

echo 20110101 | awk '{ print match($0,/^((17||18||19||20)|)-*(|0|1)-*(|0||3)$/)) I am getting a match for the above, where as it shouldn't, as there is no hyphen in the echoed date. Another question is what is the difference between || and | in the above statement (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
4 Replies
TEXIFY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TEXIFY(1)

NAME
texify - format code for use with LaTeX SYNOPSIS
texify<input-type> [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
texify translates source code written in any of several different languages to latex(1) source files. The purpose is to make source code embedded in documents more readable, by providing syntax highliting. OPTIONS
-i FILE Read from FILE instead of standard input. -o FILE Write to FILE instead of standard output. -l LENGTH Limit line length to LENGTH. -t LENGTH Make a tab correspond to LENGTH spaces. Default is 6. -num INTERVAL Prefix output lines with the corresponding line number from the input, skipping INTERVAL lines between each time a prefix is added. An interval of 1 will ensure that every line is prefixed. -numsize exsize Replace the TeX code used to set the size of the line numbers. The default is footnotesize. INPUT TYPES
abel ABEL source code ada Ada source code asm Assembly code axiom AXIOM code B B source code beta BETA source code bison Bison source code c C source code c++ C++ source code idl OMG/CORBA IDL source code java Java source code lex Lex source code lisp LISP source code logla LOGLA source code matlab MATLAB script ml ML source code perl Perl source code promela Promela source code python Python source code scheme Scheme soruce code sim SIMULA source code sql SQL queries ruby Ruby source code vhdl VHDL description This manual page was written for the Debian operating system because the original program does not have a manual page. EXAMPLES
Say you want to format a Java source file. Just type: texifyjava < input.java > output.tex You can also format the output of some program without storing its output in a temporary file. If you want to format the output of a Post- greSQL database dump, just type: pg_dump foobar | texifysql > output.tex AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Morten Hustveit <morten@debian.org>. January 2003 TEXIFY(1)