Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare and contrast Perl v Python Post 302842941 by sas on Sunday 11th of August 2013 10:17:21 AM
Old 08-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro
If you are using SAS already you are probably better off continuing to use that. There almost nothing SAS cannot do, whatever data you throw at it. It sounds like you have big data and even if you do want to step away from SAS, you would probably want to lean towards Python, because it appeals to the high performance community and are more likely to get help there.
I agree! I've been using SAS Windows for years, now after learning how to run it on unix, I've a whole new world of "bag'a tricks" that I can throw at these data! How on earth have I been living all these years not leveraging unix with SAS?! Python's some great cleansing abilities! Geeezzzzz, I'm enlightened folks. This is a groundbreaking way to see data on a unix box.....I know this is nothin new to you all Smilie

Ken Thomson, Denis Ritchie, et al....hats off to you all and this community!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl style i++ in Python

friends Is it possible to implement perl style autoincriment in python? e.g i++ How it can be represented in python Jagan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to Python

Friends How to convert this perl notation to Python ${$$hashptr{$sys_Id}}{$doc_Id} = $docstr; Jagan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Vs Python

Hello all, I am in a bit of dilema here. I want to implement a suite. it involves a lot of text file processing and shell scripts . which one to use perl or python ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
4 Replies

5. Programming

Python: Compare 2 word lists

Hi. I am trying to write a Python programme that compares two different text files which both contain a list of words. Each word has its own line worda wordb wordc I want to compare textfile 2 with textfile 1, and if there's a word in textfile 2 that is NOT in textfile 1, I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloomy
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, python, or ? for a particular task

I have a client that needs some data downloaded from a website periodically. The problem is that the data is not available directly (i.e. ftp) and must be accessed via logging in to the site, selecting the data manually, then finally clicking a link to grab the zip file. The site does not have an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunk wugga
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

[Python] Compare 2 lists

Hello, I'm new to the python programming, and I have a question. I have to write a program that prints a receipt for a restaurant. The input is a list which looks like: product1 product3 product8 .... In the other input file there is a list which looks like: product1 coffee 5,00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dagendy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python/Perl/Shell ??

Hi All, I'm confused what to use (Python/Perl/Shell), I have a scenario here wherein i need to process a data which might have millions of records in tabular format, my task is to find the {0,null,NA} in each and every column and also inform the end user that this column has this many values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone convert this python script to perl

There is a python script that I would like converted to a perl script. If someone has the time to convert the script I would appreciate it. You can find the script below: reboot-mb8600/reboot-mb8600.py at master . j4m3z0r/reboot-mb8600 . GitHub #!/usr/bin/python ''' A hacky script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azdps
1 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI MegaRAID SAS driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device mfi Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): mfi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This driver is for LSI's next generation PCI Express SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID arrays (logical disks) from this driver is pro- vided via /dev/mfid? device nodes. A simple management interface is also provided on a per-controller basis via the /dev/mfi? device node. The mfi name is derived from the phrase "MegaRAID Firmware Interface", which is substantially different than the old "MegaRAID" interface and thus requires a new driver. Older SCSI and SATA MegaRAID cards are supported by amr(4) and will not work with this driver. Two sysctls are provided to tune the mfi driver's behavior when a request is made to remove a mounted volume. By default the driver will disallow any requests to remove a mounted volume. If the sysctl dev.mfi.%d.delete_busy_volumes is set to 1, then the driver will allow mounted volumes to be removed. HARDWARE
The mfi driver supports the following hardware: o LSI MegaRAID SAS 1078 o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8408E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8480E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260 o Dell PERC5 o Dell PERC6 o IBM ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA o IBM ServeRAID-MR10i o Intel RAID Controller SROMBSAS18E FILES
/dev/mfid? array/logical disk interface /dev/mfi? management interface DIAGNOSTICS
mfid%d: Unable to delete busy device An attempt was made to remove a mounted volume. SEE ALSO
amr(4), pci(4), mfiutil(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.1. AUTHORS
The mfi driver and this manual page were written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The driver does not support big-endian architectures at this time. BSD
May 12, 2010 BSD