Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Confused with date - listing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Confused with date - listing Post 302842717 by Raghu8985 on Friday 9th of August 2013 05:47:18 PM
Old 08-09-2013
I mean to say all the different possibilities... if you give any start time to a particular end time the files between them should be listed out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

long listing of files up to a given date

Hi I would like to a long list of files up to a given date. I've tried: ls -al > filelist but this command gives me all the files. I've also have tried the find command: find . -mtime -10 -type f -print > filelist This gives me information on active file within the past 10 days and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing files that do not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files that does not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing tomorrows date

I am writing a script to strip data from a log, strip last month and empty the log for the comming month. It works great at the moment, but during testing I decided to change the date to 12/31 and when I ran it, it did not find tomorrows date. Further testing revealed that no dbl digit month would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing file name and date

Hello. I want to make an unix script which create a file with the name and the date of creation of the different files that there are in a directory. Can do you please help me? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jfka
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files that belong to a certain year date?

I'm trying to list files, first by size and I'm using something like this ls -l|awk '{print $5,$6,$7,$8,$9|"sort -nr"}'|more Now I'd like to just do the same listing but only for files with the year 2009 in the $8 field or even anything less than 2011. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing based on User and Date

listing based on user. I have files in some folder that come from many user -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4827112 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-8.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4724568 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-6.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4929656 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-19.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhnandap
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date listing in a date range

Solaris 10 ksh88 Sorry for re-hashing some of this, but I can't find a proper solution in the forums. Starting with /a/archive containing (on and on date formatted directories) 20060313 20080518 20100725 20121015 20060314 20080519 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesplace
1 Replies

9. AIX

Date not appearing when listing using ls -la

Hi everyone, this strange error suddenly popped up out of no where when I do a directory listing , the date part doesn't appear root@oradb:/backup>ls -la total 58069304 drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 4096 23 ▒▒▒ 21:56 . drwxr-xr-x 44 root system 1536 23 ▒▒▒ 21:47... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with listing file name and modified date on a huge directory

hi, We have a huge directory that ha 5.1 Million files in it. We are trying to get the file name and modified timestamp of the most recent 3 years from this huge directory for a migration project. However, the ls command (background process) to list the file names and timestamp is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
2 Replies
OGGCUT(1)							   User Manuals 							 OGGCUT(1)

NAME
oggCut - extracts parts of an ogg file (.ogv, .ogg and .oga) SYNOPSIS
oggCut [options] inputfile outputfile DESCRIPTION
oggCut creates a new ogg file named outputfile as a subpart of the original file named inputfile oggCut is able to cut video (theora) only files, audio (vorbis) only files or files with both video and audio streams. The start and end time for the cut area must be given in milliseconds with the options -s and -e. As a video stream consists of I-frames (which are full pictures) and P-frames (which are delta pictures to the leading I-frame) the oggCut algorithm searches for the first I-frame. If a video file would start with a p-frame, the player is not able to interpret this picture, as the leading I-frame (on where it is based) is not available. oggCut starts the I-frame search at the start time given by the -s option. So expect a shorter video time than the calculated seconds for the new file. oggCut does not do any reencoding, therefore the output quality is completely the same as from the input file. For those involved into the ogg container format: The file is cut on packet basis, not on page basis. There is another tool called oggCut out in the internet with a different synopis. This one has not been written by the author of this tool you are actually using. OPTIONS
-s Cut start position in ms. If the input file is a video file, the cut area starts with the next keyframe found. Default: 0 Example: -s 5000 -l Length of the cut area in ms. If -e is also given, the length is ignored. Example: -l 10000 -e Cut end position in ms. If -l is also used, the end position is prefered. If the end position is set to -1, the end of the stream is assumed. Default: -1 Example: -e 20000 EXAMPLE
oggCut -s 1000 -e 21000 myVideo.ogv myOutput.ogv Creates a new video called myOutput.ogv from the video myVideo.ogv starting after 1 second ending after 21 seconds AUTHOR
Joern Seger <yorn at gmx dot net> SEE ALSO
oggCat(1), oggJoin(1), oggSplit(1), oggTranscode(1), oggSlideshow(1), oggThumb(1), oggSilence(1) Linux JAN 2010 OGGCUT(1)