Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stream manipulation in UNIX shell scripting Post 302842461 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 9th of August 2013 10:24:27 AM
Old 08-09-2013
Hello,

Could you please try the following.
Lets say we have your input in file named "date_solution" and I make a script named "date_solution.ksh" which will give us an raw Output. Then I am putting this script's Output to
Code:
 sed

Please check this out and let me know if this helps.

Here is the script.

Code:
$ cat date_solution.ksh
hun=100
fourty=40
b=`awk '/end\:/,/^$/' date_solution | sed 's/end\://g;s/\://g' | sed '/^$/d'`
a=`awk '/start\:/,/end\:/' date_solution | sed 's/start\://g;s/end\://g;s/\://g' | sed '/^$/d'`

#echo $a
#echo $b
k=0
set -A array_a $a
set -A array_b $b

for i in ${array_a[@]}
do
l=0
for j in ${array_b[@]}
do
if [[ $k -eq $l ]]
then
#echo $("$j - $i")
w=$(($j - $i))
w=$(($w / $hun))
if [[ $w -ge $fourty ]]
then
w=$(($w - $fourty))
w=$(($w * $hun))
echo $w
else
w=$(($w * $hun))
echo $w
fi
fi
let "l = l +1 "
done
let "k = k + 1"
done

Please run it by following command.

Code:
$ ksh date_solution.ksh | sed 's/^/00:/g;s/..$/:00/'

Out put will be as follows.

Code:
00:13:00
00:30:00
00:10:00
00:15:00
$

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 08-09-2013 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: a bit change in script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Novice - File Manipulation

Hi, I am brand new to unix and am hoping someone can start me in the right direction. I want to be able to put the results of a file command such as wc -l filename into a variable which I can then use to test against another variable...i.e. I need to show the nth line of a file, but need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmullane
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use more than one MPE command STREAM with Unix command in a single shell?

Hello, I have problem in writing the shell script involving MPE command STREAM related to HP-UX and Unix command. Script is sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name1>' | 'SHOWJOB' | grep $HPJOBNUM" sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name2>' | 'SHOWJOB' | grep $HPJOBNUM" sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name3>' |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bosskr
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to use more than one MPE command STREAM with Unix command in a single shell?

Hello, I have problem in writing the shell script involving MPE command STREAM related to HP-UX and Unix command. Script is sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name1>' | 'SHOWJOB' | grep $HPJOBNUM" sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name2>' | 'SHOWJOB' | grep $HPJOBNUM" sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name3>' |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bosskr
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need your Help on Unix Shell Scripting.........

Hi Friends, 1. Bash Shell Scrpt to take backup at evening 2. I need a bash shell script for killing all processes. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayraj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting string manipulation

Hi, if I have a string delimited by commas how can I put each character on a new line followed by a carriage return, and output this to a filee.g from: s,t,r,i,n,g to s t r i n g thanks you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahmed9
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell scripting help

Hi , I am beginner in Unix. I have a string /aa/bb/cc/dd. I want to extract the sub string /aa/bb/cc from this . How do i do that in bash? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Date manipulation

Hi Experts, i have date as inputdate=01/01/2013,how to get the previous date from this date and also first day's date of the month. example: inputdate=01/06/2013 previousdate=31/05/2013 firstdate=01/05/2013 how can i get solution to this. my unix is not supporting GNU Dates ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

10. Programming

unix Shell scripting

Hi All, need help to complete the automation but stuck at a perticular situation below is the code <code> fixed_function_name { code.... code.... variable_map= { a="/a" b="/b" c="/c" so on... } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)