Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help... creating a script using Dialog Post 302842341 by ajmaq on Friday 9th of August 2013 12:23:12 AM
Old 08-09-2013
Thanks... i finish it with if and several dialog --yesno questions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ?

Hi, example of Unix / Linux dialog utility is below. I am going to use dialog as simple GUI for testing of a modem. So I need to combine some dialog boxes into one. I need to have input box, output box, info box, dialog box, radiobox as in any standard program with graphical user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

dialog menu script. please HELP

hello. i want to create a useradd dialog menu. i cannot make a single menu with 4 box inputs ( user, pass, fullname, shell ) because the dialog utility is either limited or either i know to less about using the dialog utility. from what i see it only allows me to post these 4 boxes one by one,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: claudlu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to display a dialog box every 5 seconds

I want to create a script that displays a dialog box every interval of time and exits that loop when a user presses ENTER Any idies? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lftp with dialog

Hi all. I want to know, if there is any chance to pass lftp listing to CLI dialog. I want to make an interactive CLI ftp manager, based on lftp. Version of dialog I use: root@dlink:~# dialog -v cdialog (ComeOn Dialog!) version 1.1-20100428 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n158
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog forms

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create dialog interface for adress book i created a while ago but i don't know how to read info from forms 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #!/bin/bash knyga="adresu-knyga.txt" dialog... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasisken
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog utility

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, started learning script before one month. I can't understand the below script. dialog --title "Inputbox - To take input from you" --backtitle "Linux Shell\ Script Tutorial" --inputbox "Enter your name please" 8 60 2>/tmp/input.$$ In this script they are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj1983
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog script for copying a file

Hello, I'm trying to write a script in Dialog for configuring a router. I basically need the user to select from a list of say 4 options, confirm the option and then copy the configuration files, depending on the choice to the HDD and then reboot (I'm hoping to boot from a USB stick). The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm77
0 Replies
Dialog(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Dialog(3)

NAME
Tk::Dialog - Create modal dialog and wait for a response. SYNOPSIS
$dialog = $parent->Dialog(-option => value, ... ); DESCRIPTION
This procedure is part of the Tk script library - its arguments describe a dialog box. After creating a dialog box, Dialog waits for the user to select one of the Buttons either by clicking on the Button with the mouse or by typing return to invoke the default Button (if any). Then it returns the text string of the selected Button. While waiting for the user to respond, Dialog sets a local grab. This prevents the user from interacting with the application in any way except to invoke the dialog box. See the Show() method. OPTIONS
The following option/value pairs are supported: -title Text to appear in the window manager's title bar for the dialog. -text Message to appear in the top portion of the Dialog. -bitmap If non-empty, specifies a bitmap to display in the top portion of the Dialog, to the left of the text. If this is an empty string then no bitmap is displayed in the Dialog. -default_button Text label string of the Button that displays the default ring. -buttons A reference to a list of Button label strings. Each string specifies text to display in a Button, in order from left to right. METHODS
$answer = $dialog->Show(?-global?); This method displays the Dialog, waits for the user's response, and stores the text string of the selected Button in $answer. If -global is specified a global (rather than local) grab is performed. The actual Dialog is shown using the Popup method. Any other options supplied to Show are passed to Popup, and can be used to position the Dialog on the screen. Please read Tk::Popup for details. ADVERTISED WIDGETS
Because Tk::Dialog is a subclass of Tk::DialogBox it inherits all the advertised subwidgets of its superclass: e.g. "B_button-text", where 'button-text' is a Button's -text value. Additionally, Tk::Dialog advertises: message The dialog's Label widget containing the message text. bitmap The dialog's Label widget containing the bitmap image. EXAMPLE
$dialog = $mw->Dialog(-text => 'Save File?', -bitmap => 'question', -title => 'Save File Dialog', -default_button => 'Yes', -buttons => [qw/Yes No Cancel/); KEYWORDS
bitmap, dialog, modal, messageBox perl v5.12.1 2007-05-05 Dialog(3)