Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help! needed to displaying an output in record format Post 302842323 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 8th of August 2013 11:09:27 PM
Old 08-09-2013
Hello,

Please use the code tags while posting commands. Also let us know what you have tried so far.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output from df -k in GB instead of KB

Hello all, Code below: echo "Oracle Filesystems" echo "------------------" echo for j in `df -l -k |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk '{print $1}'` do echo $j is `df -l -k $j |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk -F":" '{print $2}'|awk '{print $1}'` KB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the data from the select query in a particular format

Hi, I have a shell script that returns 10 records for the column Name and age from a select query. Where when i store those data in retrieve_list.txt file i need to store the data in a particular format like:- $Jason$30 $Bill$23 $Roshan$25 Here is my script: 1)... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.tendulka
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Output in Columns

I'm writing a script to analyze the logs of an smtp relay machine and I'd like the final output to be displayed in columns showing results from the previous day, week, month, and 45 days. The problem I'm running into is that I can't figure out how to display the columns neatly so there is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to format mysql output

Hi all, Does anyone know how to format the output from mysql from within a shell script? i.e. RESULT=`mysql command` echo ${RESULT} the ${RESULT} only displays the output on one line instead of how mysql would display it as columns etc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying file in html loses format

I have a bash script to output the contents of a text file to html. Everything outputs ok, except this: ###################################################################### # # # PRIVATE/PROPRIETARY # # # # ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR MISUSE OF ABC COMPANY # # SYSTEMS OR DATA MAY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Parameter value not displaying

Hi all, Below is my shell script that calls a stored procedure(with output parameter) I have tried executing this script but it doesn't display the output parameter value. Can anyone help me ? :( #!/bin/bash ###############################################################################... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saviochacko
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

8. Programming

Help needed in my client/server app - Delay in displaying messages from clients.

Ok so this is what I have. I have separate client and server codes. I initially had the server listening and accepting connections from ONE port, and it was working great. Now, what I want to do is, enable the server to listen and accept connections on TWO OR MORE ports , thus, effectively... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CrazedMonk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies
SVK::Log::Filter::XML(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  SVK::Log::Filter::XML(3)

NAME
SVK::Log::Filter::XML - display log messages in XML format SYNOPSIS
> svk log --xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <log> <logentry revision="1234" original="456"> <author>author</author> <date>2006-05-16T15:43:28.889532Z</date> <msg>This is the commit message for the revision.</msg> </logentry> </log> > svk log --output xml ... DESCRIPTION
The XML filter is an output filter for displaying log messages in XML format. The organization of the XML format should be self- explanatory after a little experimentation. The format is designed to be compatible with Subversion's XML output, so you should be able to use tools like <http://ch.tudelft.nl/~arthur/svn2cl/> without any modification. However, since SVK supports arbitary log filters (see SVK::Log::Filter for details on writing one), it may be easier to write your own output format than to process the XML. This filter is invoked implicitly when you specify the "--xml" argument to SVK's log command. Two arguments to the log command modify XML's behavior. quiet Providing this command-line option to the log command prevents the XML filter from displaying the contents of the log message. All other information is displayed as usual. verbose Providing this command-line option to the log command makes the XML filter display history information for each revision. The history includes the kind of modification (modify, add, delete) and any copy history for each path that was modified in the revision. STASH
/PROPERTY MODIFICATIONS XML leaves all properties and the stash intact. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Log::Filter::XML(3)