Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass back return code for file delete failure Post 302842045 by rbatte1 on Thursday 8th of August 2013 11:04:54 AM
Old 08-08-2013
Is there NFS in play here? It is possible that the filesystem is mounted read-only on server2, or indeed if it is a local filesystem, is there a difference in the way it is described in /etc/fstab, /etc/vfstab, /etc/filesystems or wherever your OS (not specified, so that makes it harder Smilie) describes filesystems to mount.

Does this give you something to work with?

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter back to calling program

Hi all, I am running AIX version 4. I have a shell script that is calling another script. I want the called script to obtain a value and pass it back to the calling script. So far, I know that to pass a parameter to a called script is as such: sh proc2.sh $1 $2 etc. What I don't know how... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jthomas
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a oracle variable back to the shell script

Hi, I am calling an oracle function that returns a number (either 0 or 2), how do I pass that pass to the wrapping shell script as I would like to do other things based on the value returned by the oracle function. Your help will be appreciated. -------------------------- sqlplus / <<... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to pass variable from awk to shell back

I am passing a varaible to from Shell to awk then I am doing some maniplation for that variable inside awk. I want that maniplated variable value back to shell , Is this possible .Please let me know. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to return fail or pass from shell script on the basis of pl/sql code execution

Hi guys, I am quite new in shell scripting. I am tring to promote some oracle jobs into control-M. In control-M, I am calling a script which establishes a connection with database and execute some procedures. Now I want if that PL/sql Block got failed script should return failure to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok1301
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to trap script error and return line number of failure

Hey all UNIX nerds- I've built a shell script which runs pretty well- only I want it to have much better error trapping. (Like the kind I could apply to every shell script I write). I'm not a UNIX genius, and could really use a bit of help. The original script goes something like this: 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevekerver
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a string pattern in a file and write back to the same file

I have a control file which looks like this LOAD DATA INFILE '/array/data/data_Finished_T5_col_change/home/oracle/emp.dat' PRESERVE BLANKS INTO TABLE SCOTT.EMP FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS (................. ..................) How can i edit the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mwrg
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to pass int and return string in C?

hi I want to write a function which takes int as input and returns a string like this. char GetString(int iNo) { switch(iNo) { case 0: return "Zero"; break; case 1: return "One"; break; } } void main() { int i; printf("Enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atharalikhan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass value back to unix variable

i had this unix korn shell code that connects to oracle database and execute the oracle procedure. i need to add a variable that indicates the oracle procedure failed. basically the variable is to check if the oracle procedure failed it will assign 1 and when the variable is equal to 1 it will not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass Oracle SQL output to Linux and back... Help!

Hi all, Hopefully you can help. This is what I'm trying to achieve: Obtain a list of usernames out of an Oracle Database Based on this list, link each username with an Oracle Internet Directory (OID) GUID Using the username and GUID perform a database update for all users Here are the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to delete carriage return and new line in csv file

Hi All, I have a problem loading the data from a csv file As you see below in the Input ,For the Data starting with " there are 2 lines, which i want to make them into single without changing the format of that data. You can see the desired output below: While i try to open the csv file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
4 Replies
asadmin-delete-jms-resource(1AS)				   User Commands				  asadmin-delete-jms-resource(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-jms-resource, delete-jms-resource - removes the JMS resource SYNOPSIS
delete-jms-resource --user admin_user [--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] jndi_name Removes the JMS resource. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. OPERANDS
jndi_name JNDI name of the JMS resource to be deleted. Example 1: Using the delete-jms-resource command asadmin> delete-jms-resource --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 sample_jms_resource Command delete-jms-resource executed successfully Where: sample_jms_resource is the resource that is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jms-resource(1AS), asadmin-list-jms-resources(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-jms-resource(1AS)