Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep negative matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep negative matching Post 302842029 by squrcles on Thursday 8th of August 2013 10:52:45 AM
Old 08-08-2013
a file containing
grep -o 'https://' filename....... print non matching part of output

Last edited by Scott; 08-08-2013 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a negative number

Hi, I want to search for a return code of -3. Using grep "-3" *.* is giving a syntax error. Please suggest as to how can we search for this pattern using grep. Thanks, Krishna (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep only word matching the pattern

Hi gurus, A file contains many words in format "ABC.XXXX.XXXX.X.GET.LOG" (X->varying). Now my shell script want this list (only words in formatABC.XXXX.XXXX.X.GET.LOG ) to continue the process. Pls help me. Thanks, Poova. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for the most negative number

Hello, I am trying to write a bash script which will give me the most negative number. Here is an example input: Ce 3.7729752124 -4.9505731588 -4.1061257680 Ce -6.9156611391 -0.5991784762 7.3051893138 Ce 7.6489739875 0.3513020731 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdl27789
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching text using grep

Hi folks... Relatively new to scripting, but really struggling with something that will no doubt be second nature to most people on here: Trying to get an exact match on $sub, where sub is an ip address. subnet () { clear while true do ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the non-matching lines

Hi, I need to make a script to extract the number that are not in a file. Example: I have file-A that has 100000 (70000-799999) numbers. And a file-B with number that already are in the system. Now I need to know/get the numbers that are not in system. I was thinking something like this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep -v (inverse matching)

I am totally unexperienced in writing scripts of any kind. I am working on Mac OS X and would like to run a shell script to find files in a directory that do not conform to a specific naming convention and print to a text file in the same directory. For example, I have a folder called... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_alicea
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex matching with grep -l

I am trying to find patterns in files using grep -l -e. I specifically am searching for abc. I want any file that has abc in it, but not just the letters abc. I am searching for a pattern a followed by b followed by c. I have tried egrep -l and also I have tried the following: grep -el... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with ... matching more than 3 characters

I am trying to understand what the grep command in ubuntu is trying to do here. The contents of my test file is given below harsha@harsha-H67MA-USB3-B3:~/Documents$ cat data abcd efghi jklmno pqr stuv wxyz When I grep for 3 dots (...) without the parenthesis as follows I would expect the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and where, using grep

May somebody can give me a hint. I want to find using the command "grep" a certain word or term in a foo.txt file. By using the following command grep -i word file1 > newfile4 it puts it into a new foo.txt-file, the n times it matches. Fine, it matches n times, but how could I specify where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extended grep not matching some patterns

i have a file where the hostnames and variables are in same line in below format, am able extract some part variables while otherlike subscriptions and handler is missing. can you please correct me if grep is able to perform this ? cat /tmp/test localhost subscriptions='' handler="genie"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
14 Replies
POE::Filter::Grep(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    POE::Filter::Grep(3pm)

NAME
POE::Filter::Grep - select or remove items based on simple rules SYNOPSIS
#!perl use POE qw( Wheel::FollowTail Filter::Line Filter::Grep Filter::Stackable ); POE::Session->create( inline_states => { _start => sub { my $parse_input_as_lines = POE::Filter::Line->new(); my $select_sudo_log_lines = POE::Filter::Grep->new( Put => sub { 1 }, Get => sub { my $input = shift; return $input =~ /sudo[d+]/i; }, ); my $filter_stack = POE::Filter::Stackable->new( Filters => [ $parse_input_as_lines, # first on get, last on put $select_sudo_log_lines, # first on put, last on get ] ); $_[HEAP]{tailor} = POE::Wheel::FollowTail->new( Filename => "/var/log/system.log", InputEvent => "got_log_line", Filter => $filter_stack, ); }, got_log_line => sub { print "Log: $_[ARG0] "; } } ); POE::Kernel->run(); exit; DESCRIPTION
POE::Filter::Grep selects or removes items based on simple tests. It may be used to filter input, output, or both. This filter is named and modeled after Perl's built-in grep() function. POE::Filter::Grep is designed to be combined with other filters through POE::Filter::Stackable. In the "SYNOPSIS" example, a filter stack is created to parse logs as lines and remove all entries that don't pertain to a sudo process. (Or if your glass is half full, the stack only selects entries that DO mention sudo.) PUBLIC FILTER METHODS
In addition to the usual POE::Filter methods, POE::Filter::Grep also supports the following. new new() constructs a new POE::Filter::Grep object. It must either be called with a single Code parameter, or both a Put and a Get parameter. The values for Code, Put, and Get are code references that, when invoked, return true to select an item or false to reject it. A Code function will be used for both input and output, while Get and Put functions allow input and output to be filtered in different ways. The item in question will be passed as the function's sole parameter. sub reject_bidoofs { my $pokemon = shift; return 1 if $pokemon ne "bidoof"; return; } my $gotta_catch_nearly_all = POE::Filter::Grep->new( Code => &reject_bidoofs, ); Enforce read-only behavior: my $read_only = POE::Filter::Grep->new( Get => sub { 1 }, Put => sub { 0 }, ); modify modify() changes a POE::Filter::Grep object's behavior at run-time. It accepts the same parameters as new(), and it replaces the existing tests with new ones. # Don't give away our Dialgas. $gotta_catch_nearly_all->modify( Get => sub { 1 }, Put => sub { return shift() ne "dialga" }, ); SEE ALSO
POE::Filter for more information about filters in general. POE::Filter::Stackable for more details on stacking filters. BUGS
None known. AUTHORS &; COPYRIGHTS The Grep filter was contributed by Dieter Pearcey. Documentation is provided by Rocco Caputo. Please see the POE manpage for more information about authors and contributors. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-15 POE::Filter::Grep(3pm)