Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remodelling the .csv file using the script Post 302841563 by RudiC on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 02:01:51 PM
Old 08-07-2013
The input file you have given in post#1 HAS multiple TAB chars PLUS some space chars.

Pls post the exact input csv file that "... is not printing anything ..."

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for reading .csv file

Can someone please help me to write script for following scenario : 1> script should read a input .csv file of format : EmpName, PF, Leave, Basic ,HRA 2> another config file ( may be again a .csv file ) has format EmpName and EmpID 3> script should read another config file for each EmpName in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: creativeworld
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a excel file to a .csv file from unix script

Hi I have a excel file in unix machine and have to convert it into a .csv file.I have to do this from a unix script.How do we do this? Thanks Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for updating a .csv file

Hello guys, I have one .csv file with all the file names(.c,.h,.sm,.txt etc)..... Now i have compared two baseline in UCM and got a report in .txt file,which looks like this...... DIFFBL INT_1029_Rel6.0.0.90@\DIR_PVOB STD_6.0.0.50_UCM@\DIR_PVOB (COMPONENT TEXT) Comparing the following: ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate csv file

Hello; I need to generate a csv file that contains a list of all the files in a particular server (from the root directory ie: \) that have a permission stamp of 777. I would like to create the csv so that it contains the following: server name, file name, full path name where file exists,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a CSV file

I created a script that will go out and so a "/sbin/chkconfig --list | egrep XXX" against a server list that would create an output file like the following example: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SERVER1 RC_Script_1 0:off 1:off 2:off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies
csv2po(1)						      Translate Toolkit 1.9.0							 csv2po(1)

NAME
csv2po - convert Comma-Separated Value (.csv) files to Gettext PO localization files SYNOPSIS
csv2po [--version] [-h|--help] [--manpage] [--progress PROGRESS] [--errorlevel ERRORLEVEL] [-i|--input] INPUT [-x|--exclude EXCLUDE] [-o|--output] OUTPUT [-t|--template TEMPLATE] [--charset CHARSET] [--columnorder] [--duplicates DUPLICATESTYLE] DESCRIPTION
See: http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/csv2po for examples and usage instructions OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h/--help show this help message and exit --manpage output a manpage based on the help --progress show progress as: dots, none, bar, names, verbose --errorlevel show errorlevel as: none, message, exception, traceback -i/--input read from INPUT in csv format -x/--exclude exclude names matching EXCLUDE from input paths -o/--output write to OUTPUT in po, pot formats -t/--template read from TEMPLATE in pot, po, pot formats --charset set charset to decode from csv files --columnorder specify the order and position of columns (location,source,target) --duplicates what to do with duplicate strings (identical source text): merge, msgctxt (default: 'msgctxt') Translate Toolkit 1.9.0 csv2po(1)