Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding size of files with spaces in their file names Post 302841537 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 01:23:40 PM
Old 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by INNSAV1
Hi

I did try that but it gives me an error.

Example. I use USA a/Neil.jpg

Then I get an error saying USA file directory Not found

Could you please help me with why this is hahappening

Thanks
Neil
Did you try it exactly like I suggested?
Please show what you've tried.

Last edited by vgersh99; 08-07-2013 at 02:29 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File names with spaces? Is it possible?

Gurus - I got one simple TXT file with long file name with blank spaces in between the words. I am trying to display that full file name, but it breaks while displaying. Could somebody shed some light here? Script ------ for i in `cat ~\temp\employee.txt` do echo $i done (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_2005
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with names that have a real number greater then difined.

I am trying to find all files in a directory whose name has a real number larger then the number I am looking for. For example: . |-- delta.1.5.sql |-- delta.2.1.sql |-- delta.2.2.sql |-- delta.2.3.sql |-- delta.2.4.sql `-- delta.2.5.sql I know my database is at 2.2 so I want an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harmonwood
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Names in multiple files

What's the best way to see if a common name exists in two separate files? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rally_Point
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding names in multiple files - second attempt

I couldn't find the original thread that I created and since I didn't get a definitive answer, I figured I'd try again. Maybe this time I can describe what I want a little better. I've got two files, each with thousands of names all separated by new line. I want to know if 'name in file1'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rally_Point
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare list [ names and size files ]

Hello, I've downloaded a huge amont of files I've got a list of files from a remote server. -rw-r--r-- 1 str661 strem 453465260 Dec 16 15:54 SATRYS2V1_20021218_temp_bias.nc -rw-r--r-- 1 str661 strem 17669468 Dec 16 18:01 SATRYS2V1_20021225_hdyn_bias.nc -rw-r--r-- 1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding overlapping names in different txt files

Dear Gurus, I have 57 tab-delimited different text files, each one containing entries in 3 columns. The first column in each file contains names of objects. Some names are present in more than one file. I would like to find those names and store them in a separate text file, preferably with a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in directory with similar names

So, I have a directory tree that has many files named thusly: X_REVY.PDF I need to find any files that have the same X portion (which can be nearly anything) as any another file (in any directory) but have different Y portions (which can be any number from 1-99). I then need it to return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamezero
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string in a list of files, print file names

I'm interested in writing a report script using BASH that searches all of the files in a particular directory for a keyword and printing a list of files containing this string... In fact this reporting script would have searches for multiple keywords, so I'm interested in making multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemscripter904
2 Replies

10. Linux

Finding files older than x days within directory with spaces

Hi, I am trying to run a command that finds all files over x amount of days, issue is one of the directories has spaces within it. find /files/target directory/*/* -type f -mtime +60 When running the above the usual error message is thrown back + find '/files/target\' 'directory/*/*' -type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ads89
1 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)