Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Another method for this snippet Post 302841295 by Scott on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 07:04:54 AM
Old 08-07-2013
Please post your code.

Also paste the output of:
Code:
$ head -1 file | awk 1 RS='\t'

(where file is the input file)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help translate this snippet?

Hello all - This snippet from a script runs on a Tru64 machine (ksh). if ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep then echo "Killing Thing1 desktop session" kill -9 'ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep | awk '{FS = " "}{print $2}'' fi I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gui text box code snippet?

Hello, I have written some scripts that query the user and waits for keyboard input for an answer. I was wondering if there is any generic code snippets out there that would allow me to run this as a GUI. I am thinking of a simple dialogue box that would display the question and have a text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash snippet to find files based on a text file?

Evening all. I'm having a terrible time with a script I've been working on for a few days now... Say I have a text file named top10song.tm2, with the following in it: kernkraft 400 Imagine i kissed a girl Thriller animals hallelujah paint it black psychosocial Oi to the world... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJ Charlie
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code snippet for signals

Hi. This is code snipped I have. I am trying to play with signals... int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; sigset_t s; //declare set of signals sigfillset(&s); //initializes the signal set to include all of the defined signals int j; for ( i = 0 ; i < 70 ; i++){ j... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script required to extract a specific snippet from the entire file.

Hi, I have a file with the following structure. XXXXX........... YYYYY........... ................. .................. ZZZZZZ...... qwerty_start.............. .................. ................. .................. querty_end................ .............................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abinash
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script required to truncate all the lines except a specific snippet.

Hi, I have a file with the following structure. XXXXX........... YYYYY........... ................. .................. ZZZZZZ...... qwerty_start.............. .................. ................. .................. querty_end................ .............................. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
3 Replies

7. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is this perl snippet is doing?

perl -e '@stat=stat("/etc/passwd");$now_string=localtime($stat);print $ARGV.":$now_string\n"' ./file_name Please if anyone can describe it. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error in code snippet

Hello, I am attaching a code snippet. Some of the variables are set in earlier code like count, arrays harr1, harr2, barr1 and barr2. The code below gives syntax errors. I am very new to Bash. for (( i=0; i<=$(( $count -1 )); i++ )) do #Now read the element at barr2 location i. Also find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
2 Replies
PASTE(1)							   User Commands							  PASTE(1)

NAME
paste - merge lines of files SYNOPSIS
paste [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Write lines consisting of the sequentially corresponding lines from each FILE, separated by TABs, to standard output. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -d, --delimiters=LIST reuse characters from LIST instead of TABs -s, --serial paste one file at a time instead of in parallel --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David M. Ihnat and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report paste bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for paste is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and paste programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'paste invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 PASTE(1)