Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove error code in output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove error code in output Post 302841177 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 05:12:44 AM
Old 08-07-2013
Are you sure that we have == and not = or -eq with if in shell? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help:how to remove headers in output file

Hi I am running a script (which compares two directory contents) for which I am getting an output of 70 pages in which few pages are blank so I was able to delete those blank lines. But I also want to delete the headers present for each page. can any one help me by providing the code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj_thota
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i remove the unneccesary output ?

Hi , I have written a csh script which is as follows but it keeps outputing a unneccesary output as show below. How can i remove that output and prevent it from displaying it when the script runs? set USER = "aaa" set PASSWORD = "bbb" ftp -n 10.80.12.18<<XX user $USER $PASSWORD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Garbage Output

Hello Friends, In a script i m using different temporary file and i remove them in the end. During script execution i have some garbage output which is not required. For example: Garbage Output ++ rm temp_out temp_a temp_b temp_c ++ rm Filter1 Filter2 Script : Even i am redirecting rm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove/prevent Input/output error

Hi I have a new hdd installed ,and sometimes if i start a session or ftp download while downloading sometimes it creates a ./filename.type Input/output errorso in that case i can-not overwrite ,rename ,remove ,or place a file with the same name on that dir. How to prevent this and is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain!ac
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Double Value at Latest Output

Hello all, I have file like this: input.dat: 3778 10000 25 3778 10001 26 3778 10002 29 3779 10000 30 3779 10010 31 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove area code using from awk output

I am back again with one more question, so I have a phonebook file with names, phone#s for example: smith, joe 123-456-7890 using awk I want to display all entries with a specific area code. here 's what i have tried so far: awk '$2~/^123/ {print}' phonebook I can't figure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nirav4
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Want to remove output from a command

Hi, I'm on AIX 5.2. I wrote a script that makes a traceroute to a host. The script works fine but each time it using the traceroute command its generate the 2 output lines. this is the command in my script traceroute -n -m 5 -w 2 $Host | grep 172 | awk '{print $2}' | tail -1 traceroute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra Space in output - remove

Hi All I am trying to perform the below operation -count=`cat abc.txt | wc -l` echo$count 5 Head=Start"$DATE"00000"$count"File echo $HEAD START15020300000 5File There is a space coming before 5 which is not needed . How to ignore that . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove filename from output file?

Hello, I am trying to print searched multiple keywords in multiple files. It is almost okay with the code but the code puts filename in front of each line. How may I get rid of it? -grep -A1 'word1' *.txt | grep -A1 'word2' | grep -A1 'word3' I expect: Real outcome: How may I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)