Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sed- Replace space in filename by a \ Post 302841105 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 02:59:11 AM
Old 08-07-2013
Hello Neil,

Could you please use the following code.

Code:

$ cat file_size_file_name.ksh
values_files=`ls -ltr | grep '^-' | awk '{print$9}'`
set -A array_values_files ${values_files}
for i in ${array_values_files[@]}
do
value_of_file_space=`echo $i | du -k $i`
echo $value_of_file_space

done
$

Output should be as follows.

Code:
16 testing_appending_file_date
0 test
4 1
4 appending_file.ksh
28 check_file1
4 grep_dat_format
4 check_string
0 test_files
0 test_files.1
0 test_files.2
0 test_files.3.bin.Z
4 test_file121
4 find_replace.ksh
4 check_pattern_file1
4 df_test_removing_column
4 check_file_dctm
4 find_count_digits
4 find_count_digits.ksh
4 file_space
4 remove_duplicate_remove_text
4 file_size_file_name.ksh
$ cat file_size_file_name.ksh

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 08-07-2013 at 04:13 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on sed (replace string without changing filename)

I have awhole bunch of files and I want to edit stringA with stringB without changing the filename. I have tried the following sed commands: sed "s/stringA/stringB/g" * This will print the correct results but does not actually save it with the new content of the file. when I do a cat on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoves
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a filename with full path using sed

hi, i need to replace a line a file with a new raw device location.. original file.. /opt/sybase/ASE1502/ASE-15_0/bin/dataserver \ -d/data/TST_AKS1/sybdevices/master.dat \ -e/logs/sybase/TST_AKS1/SFO_TST_AKS1.log \ -c/apps/sybase/ASE1502/ASE-15_0/TST_AKS1.cfg \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksaravanan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 2 Occurances of Space (sed)

I have a large file that looks like the below output: system SUNWxwmod X Window System kernel modules system SUNWxwoft X Window System optional fonts system SUNWxwopt X Window System Optional Clients system ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hxman
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed I want to replace space by newline

Input: -------------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ------------------------- output wanted: --------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ---------------------- I want this by sed in simple way please help (I know by: tr ' ' '\n' < inputfile )I want it by sed only (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace space partial

source "PUT 810 712 0001 ILC AK4 00 0 00 00" It needs to be changed to "PUT,810,712,0001,ILC,AK4 00 0 00 00" Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: janex
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with a blank space using SED

Hello everyone, I want to replace all "," (commas) with a blank space My command thus far is: cat test.text | sed -e s/\`//g | awk '{print$1" "$2" "$3}' I'm sure you guys know this, but the SED command that I am using is to get rid of the "`" (tics). which gives me: name ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayT
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space with the help of sed

Hi, i have below string - mynameis arpit i want output like below - mynameis\ arpit that i am getting from below - temp='mynameis arpit' echo $temp|sed 's//\\ /g' --> mynameis\ arpit now i am doing - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed the find the third , and replace with a space

Dear All, I am new here. Could anyone help to find a sed script for replace the third "," to " "? input: abc,def,ghi,jkl,mno,pqr,stu,vxz output: abc,def,ghi jkl,mno,pqr,stu,vxz Many thanks. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimilaw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace pattern with filename

Hi all, I'm trying to replace a pattern/string in about 100 files with the filename using following commands but getting nowhere: for f in *.fa; do sed "s/^>.*/>$f/g" $f > $f_v1.fa; done for f in *.fa; do sed 's/^>.*/>`echo $f`/' > $fa_v1.fa; done Basically I want to change any line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space with !@ using sed

Hello I have a requirement where I need to replace space :61 with !@ :61 Source :60F:123 :61:151 :61:151 :61:15101 Target :60F:123 :61:151!@:61:151!@:61:15101 I cant use and command as I don't want the tab to be converted . commands not working : sed 's/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamijia83
5 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)