Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bug in date command?
Operating Systems Linux Bug in date command? Post 302840919 by alister on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 05:08:54 PM
Old 08-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Spring forward, fall back.
Yep. In the UK and North America and a few other places, DST ended within the specified 54 hour interval: Daylight Saving Time Around the World 1979

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get previous date from date command in ksh

I want to get previous date from date command. I am using ksh shell. Exmp: today is 2008.09.04 I want the result : 2008.09.03 Please help. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command not found bug

foreach x ( *.foo) echo "move file?" set move=$< if($move == y) then echo "enter new pathname:" set path=$< mv $x $path/$x endif end ok guys, im creating this script so i can move files with *.foo extensions and *.bar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pantelis
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get tomorrow,yesterday date from date Command

Hi I want to get tomorrow and yesterday date from date command. My shell is KSH and server is AIX. I tried several options, but unable to do. Please help on this. Regards Rajesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange bug crontab command line php / bcompiler

Hello everyone, I have a small problem that I'm stuck for several days and I do not go out. I tell you, I have a php script that I want to run crontab, it uses a compiled bcompiler file. In my php file if(file_exists("php/Alibrary.phb")){ include_once("php/Alibrary.phb"); What I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas33770
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bug in Gnu date?

So as I write this today is two days after the clocks go back here in the UK. I have a script that worked last week. Yesterday it developed a bug. I eventually found the culprit is Gnu Date. $ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
10 Replies

9. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)