Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Create a Link for a directory Post 302840859 by bitlord on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 03:56:09 PM
Old 08-06-2013
I need a little more info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Symbolic Link

I am Solaris korn shell. I want to create a symbolic link. I have a directory /u01/ftp01/db I want to reference it as /u05/swe/my (this is not a real directory) I tried a symbolic link but it does not work ln -s /u01/ftp01/db /u05/swe/my ln: cannot create //u05/swe/my: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create symbolic link between folders.....

hi champs, i have folders structure up to log is there , which is as below, app | |---version-4.1 | |----bin | | | | | |-----a.sh | | |-----b.sh | | | |----log | | \---version (symbolic link to version-4.1) but i want to create another folder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create a link

Hi All, I have a problem to writing a shell script to create a soft link in some other directory For eg: /opt/Shreedhar/Naik is directory now i need to write shell script in the path /opt/Shreedhar/Naik which should create a soft link in /opt/Shreedhar. I have tried to write the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to create a sym link pointing a changing name.

Hello A new file is created every day with the date appended to the end of a name. We are using Autosys to run jobs which watches for the file and runs jobs. But Autosys does not have the capability to figure out the current date. I tried creating a symlink like this ln -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vra5107
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Create sym-link into /dev (zone)

Hi i need to install a software into a zone, and this kind of software needs to have a file who is linked into /dev. But it is not possible to create a link into /dev nor create a file into it. -bash-3.00# ln -s /tmp/testfile /dev/ ln: cannot create /dev//testfile: Permission denied... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Create mailto: link

Help! I am using sed to convert text files into easily viewed html tables. I have managed all except converting the email addresses to mailto: links. Multiple email addresses exist within the files, either preceded by a space or > (as part of HTML tag), and followed by either space or < I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigel_R
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to create a link in /etc/rc3.d in Solaris 10

HI I am using solaris 10.We are doing some failover testing and checking whether services are starting up when we reboot the server. As part of process i have moved scripts to /etc/init.d directory and trying to create a link /etc/rc3.d like this. But strangely it is giving an error... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot create a link with the same name

Hi - Our system admin cannot create a link to NAS with one particular name but he can create with other names. What might be the cause? Regards ---------- Post updated at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:29 AM ---------- It says permission denied. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create link, download, and extract in sub-directory

The awk below will create sub-directories in a directory (which is always the last line of file1, each block separated by an empty line), if the number in line 2 (always the first 6 digits in the format xx-xxxx) of file2 is found in $2 of file1. This is the current awk output. If there is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
INFO(5) 							File Formats Manual							   INFO(5)

NAME
info - readable online documentation DESCRIPTION
The Info file format is an easily-parsable representation for online documents. It can be read by emacs(1) and info(1) among other pro- grams. Info files are usually created from texinfo(5) sources by makeinfo(1), but can be created from scratch if so desired. For a full description of the Texinfo language and associated tools, please see the Texinfo manual (written in Texinfo itself). Most likely, running this command from your shell: info texinfo or this key sequence from inside Emacs: M-x info RET m texinfo RET will get you there. AVAILABILITY
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/texinfo-<version>.tar.gz or any GNU mirror site. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. SEE ALSO
info(1), install-info(1), makeinfo(1), texi2dvi(1), texindex(1). emacs(1), tex(1). texinfo(5). FSF
GNU Info INFO(5)