Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Create a Link for a directory Post 302840857 by narayanv on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 03:54:25 PM
Old 08-06-2013
Create a Link for a directory

Hi,
I need to create a link as stagein01 for the /p11/prod/stagein01/.
Please let me know the procedure for the same.

Regards,
VN

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Symbolic Link

I am Solaris korn shell. I want to create a symbolic link. I have a directory /u01/ftp01/db I want to reference it as /u05/swe/my (this is not a real directory) I tried a symbolic link but it does not work ln -s /u01/ftp01/db /u05/swe/my ln: cannot create //u05/swe/my: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create symbolic link between folders.....

hi champs, i have folders structure up to log is there , which is as below, app | |---version-4.1 | |----bin | | | | | |-----a.sh | | |-----b.sh | | | |----log | | \---version (symbolic link to version-4.1) but i want to create another folder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create a link

Hi All, I have a problem to writing a shell script to create a soft link in some other directory For eg: /opt/Shreedhar/Naik is directory now i need to write shell script in the path /opt/Shreedhar/Naik which should create a soft link in /opt/Shreedhar. I have tried to write the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to create a sym link pointing a changing name.

Hello A new file is created every day with the date appended to the end of a name. We are using Autosys to run jobs which watches for the file and runs jobs. But Autosys does not have the capability to figure out the current date. I tried creating a symlink like this ln -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vra5107
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Create sym-link into /dev (zone)

Hi i need to install a software into a zone, and this kind of software needs to have a file who is linked into /dev. But it is not possible to create a link into /dev nor create a file into it. -bash-3.00# ln -s /tmp/testfile /dev/ ln: cannot create /dev//testfile: Permission denied... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Create mailto: link

Help! I am using sed to convert text files into easily viewed html tables. I have managed all except converting the email addresses to mailto: links. Multiple email addresses exist within the files, either preceded by a space or > (as part of HTML tag), and followed by either space or < I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigel_R
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to create a link in /etc/rc3.d in Solaris 10

HI I am using solaris 10.We are doing some failover testing and checking whether services are starting up when we reboot the server. As part of process i have moved scripts to /etc/init.d directory and trying to create a link /etc/rc3.d like this. But strangely it is giving an error... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot create a link with the same name

Hi - Our system admin cannot create a link to NAS with one particular name but he can create with other names. What might be the cause? Regards ---------- Post updated at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:29 AM ---------- It says permission denied. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create link, download, and extract in sub-directory

The awk below will create sub-directories in a directory (which is always the last line of file1, each block separated by an empty line), if the number in line 2 (always the first 6 digits in the format xx-xxxx) of file2 is found in $2 of file1. This is the current awk output. If there is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
nfslogsum(8)							    Unsupported 						      nfslogsum(8)

Name
       nfslogsum - summarize nfswatch log file

Syntax
       /usr/etc/nfslogsum [ -n ] [ -v ] [ logfile ]

Description
       The command summarizes log files produced by the program.  By default the log file is summarized; an alternate log file can be specified on
       the command line.

Each log file can contain one or more log sessions, each indicated by a header which is printed when logging is turned on.   For  each  log
       session,  tallies  up  the  interval packet totals and prints out a one-page summary of the log session.  Total packets and percentages are
       tabulated for each category and displayed.

Options
       -n     Tells to read only the first n entries in the log file.  This is useful for summarizing log files in cumulative ``chunks''.

-v     Produces a ``verbose'' summary of the log file.  In addition to the summary information printed as described above, a summary of how
	      many  calls to each NFS procedure were made on each file system and individual file is printed.  This summary information is divided
	      into three sections of six columns each.	The columns are headed by the names of the NFS procedures;  these  are	described  briefly
	      below:

NULLPROC
	      Do nothing.  This procedure is provided to allow server response testing and timing.

GETATTR
	      Get  file  attributes  (for  example,  type,  mode, number of links, owner's uid, owner's gid, size, access, modification and change
	      times).  This procedure is used by the system call, as well as several others.

SETATTR
	      Set file attributes  (mode, owner's uid, owner's gid, size in bytes, access and modification times).  This procedure is used by sys-
	      tem calls such as

GETROOT
	      Get file system root.  This procedure is obsolete, and has been replaced by a MOUNT Protocol procedure.

LOOKUP Look up file name.  This procedure is used to obtain an initial file handle for use in current and future requests on that file, and
	      is used by many different system calls.

READLINK
	      Read from symbolic link.	This procedure is used by the readlink system call, and by the kernel.

READ   Read data from file.  This procedure is used by the system call.

WCACHE Write to cache.  Unused in the current NFS protocol revision.

WRITE  Write data to file.  This procedure is used by the system call.

CREATE Create file.  This procedure is used by the and system calls.

REMOVE Remove file.  This procedure is used by the system call.

RENAME Rename file.  This procedure is used by the rename system call.

LINK   Create link to file.  This procedure is used by the system call.

SYMLINK
	      Create symbolic link to file.  This procedure is used by the system call.

MKDIR  Create directory.  This procedure is used by the system call.

RMDIR  Remove directory.  This procedure is used by the system call.

READDIR
	      Read entries from directory.  Generally only one READDIR call is needed per directory, since a variable number  of  entries  can	be
	      returned.

STATFS Get file system attributes (transfer size, block size, blocks in use, blocks free).

Restrictions
       The  nfslogsum command is extremely sensitive to the format of the log file produced by The log file should not be edited or changed before
       feeding it to

See Also
       nfswatch(8)

nfslogsum(8)