Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting key/value pairs in awk Post 302840849 by Yoda on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 03:39:35 PM
Old 08-06-2013
Can you please post what is the expected output from that 6 line input file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching Pairs with AWK or Shell

Hello, I have a file Pairs.txt composed of 3 columns. For simplicity, this is the file: A B C B D W X Y Z Z W K B A C Y J Q F M P Y X Z I am trying to reduce the file such that I only keep the first occurrence of any "pair". In the example above, I would only want to keep one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a delimited Key value pairs in shell script

Hello, I have property file with key value pairs separated by pipe , I am trying to write a script which reads the property file and search and print value of specific key. I tried with Sed, I am successfull. The file is as follows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANK
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting a Private key from a keystore?

Hi everyone! I know you can extract public keys from a keystore using the keytool command. But what is the process to extract a private key from a jks keystore and import into another jks keystore using keytool? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! I can't seem to find anything, I do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting KEY from a line

consider a line from a file is stored in a variable called $var i.e. var=" KEY `controllingZoneId` (`controllingZoneId`)," or it can be (i.e without comma at the end) var="KEY `requestingUserId` (`requestingUserId`)" here i need to extract KEY and 1st and 2nd word i want to know how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting non-zero pairs of numbers from each row

Hi all, I do have a tab delimited file a1 a2 b1 b2 c1 c2 d1 d2 e1 e2 f1 f2 0 0 123 546 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 345 456 765 890 902 1003 0 0 0 0 534 768 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 456 765 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 102 0 0 0 0 456 578 789 1003 678 765 345 400 801 1003 134 765... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse (delimited string) key-value pairs in a column into separate lines

Hi experts, e.g. i/p data looks like 0000xm7zcNDIkP888vRqGv93xA7:176n00qql||9700005405552747,9700005405717924,9700005405733788|unidentified,unidentified,unidentified|| o/p data should like - row1: 0000xm7zcNDIkP888vRqGv93xA7:176n00qql||9700005405552747|unidentified ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumoka
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through pairs of files with awk

Hi all, please help me construct the command. i want to loop through all files named bam* and bed*. My awk works for a particular pair but there are too many pairs to do manually. I have generated multiple files in a folder in a given pattern. The files are named like bam_fixed1.bam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to the SSH key pairs

Hi All, I have question , How to generate the SSH keys for the two servers in the pair. So if the server will be replicated , same SSH key pairs will work on each server. No need to generate the SSH keys for the second server. I have created the SSH keys for the single server. I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharsour
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data between two tag pairs

In a huge log file (43MB, 43k lines) I am trying to extract data between two tag pairs on same line and export it to a file so I can pull it into Excel for a report. One Pair is <Text>data I need</Text> Other pair follows on same line and is <TimeStamp>more data I need</TimeStamp> I would need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanookArctic
2 Replies
MHMAIL(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								 MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)