Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk Scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Scripting Post 302840715 by RudiC on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 10:54:18 AM
Old 08-06-2013
Why not
Code:
awk '{print "server:" $4 "\tdate:" $1 "\tseverity:"$2}' FS="\t" test.log

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk scripting

Hi, I'm new to unix and i am kind of familiar with the basic commands. can anyone suggest some good books especially for AWK scripting and SHELL scripting thanks, Hari (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rharee
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK scripting

I have a text file in which the text has been divided into paragraphs (two line breaks or tab marks a new paragraph) and I want to make a script which output would delete line breaks within the paragraph and the different paragraphs would be separated by two line breaks. So, if my input file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muki101
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting via awk

Hi, I am trying to understand what is happening here, new to scripting: I have a couple of these, but if I knew what was going on in one I can figure out the rest: awk '/rpc-100083/ { $2 = "enable -r" } $3 ~ /.NOS99dtlogin/ { $t = $2; $2 = $3; $3 = $t } { print }' /var/svc/profile/upgrade... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk scripting

Hi I have 2 files of large size( 10 Miilions) , i want to join 2 files based on some condition . for this taking lot of time and 100 cpu .i want to iterate the based on some value (like 1 lakh) I put the 2 files in the associative arrays . if the array limit reaches the 1 lach join the with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranmosarla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk scripting.

Hi, i am newbie to this site and hope to learn but problem is s but need help urgently. Plz pm me if you are good at this. Help will be appreciated. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rookie80
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with AWK and Scripting!

Hi, This is the first time I am working with awk and I am not familiar with any commands in it. But I managed to do most of my work just left with one more. Needing your help! I have to extract only the matrix (written within ) from a text file. For example: 1JTJ_0006_ACGC_NPNP_A_12_15.pdb ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriJit
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk scripting

hi all, I am working on awk scripting.I have created two awk files and now have a requirement of replacing the contents of first file with some contents of second file. Please find below the two files created.File1 has 3 records and File2 has 4 records. cat File1 111,0165,CB21031251,0165,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in awk scripting

Hi I am beginner of shell/AWK scripting , can you please help me in select particular column and column between two pattern from a multiple column file. file1.txt number status date1 date2 description category ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

New at scripting awk with variable

I am trying to write a shell script that will add a date to and awk command from the command prompt. here is the line I am having difficulties. zgrep -i playback $dir/$1-*-errors.out.gz |cut -d '|' -f 1,11,12,15 | awk -v start=${start} -v end=${end} -F '|' '{$1>=start && $1 <=end} {print $2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinity0880
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)