Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Feed Input to a script running on bash Post 302840419 by DGPickett on Monday 5th of August 2013 02:33:15 PM
Old 08-05-2013
What does f11 map to in unicode or ascii? What is in the sh script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running in bash 3.0 not in 3.2

I have wasted one working day writing this scripts. It compares two folders and make a good tabbed report about their differences. #!/bin/bash function DRAW_DEPTH () { ROUND=$1 while do printf %s " " ROUND=`expr $ROUND - 1` done printf %s "|- " } function MAIN () {... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change in Input feed based on condition file

Sorry Guys for not being able to explain in one of my earlier post. I am now putting my requirement with the input file and desired output file. In the below input file - Transaction code is at position 31:40. Business code is from position 318:321 TSCM00000005837 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file to bash script

Hi, I have this script Script.sh: #!/bin/sh sed 's,\,,g' input.dat > output .dat But i want to run it witb different files. So i want the input file as an input argument to the script, how could i do that. Running it like this: > Script.sh input.dat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script running by sh but not by bash

execute the attached script as, bash -x INFA_MAP_GEN_XML.sh "/export/home/e120945/INFORMATICA_MAPPING_GENERATOR/SOURCE" "INFA_TEMPLATE.csv" "/export/home/e120945/INFORMATICA_MAPPING_GENERATOR/TARGET" "UNIX" "/export/home/e120945/INFORMATICA_MAPPING_GENERATOR/SETUP"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 120945
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script for parse input like option and value

I would create a bash script than parse like this: test.sh -p (protocol) -i (address) -d (directory) I need retrive the value after -p for example... understand??? I hope... thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ionral
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to select the rows from the feed file based on the input value provided

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with input in a bash script

I have the following while loop that I put in a script, demo.sh: while read rna; do aawork=$(echo "${rna}" | sed -n -e 's/\(...\)\1 /gp' | sed -f rna.sed) echo "$aawork" | sed 's/ //g' echo "$aawork" | tr ' ' '\012' | sort | sed '/^$/d' | uniq -c | sed 's/*\(*\) \(.*\)/\2: \... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in input file's in bash script

hello guys i have bash script to open my routers with username and password i made script but i have problem this script can/t read password from file #!/bin/bash router_file="ips" passwd="password.txt" for router in cat ;$router_file do for pass in cat ;$passwd; do res=$(curl -m 1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manhoud
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input redirection within bash script

Hi, when I try to redirect input and the command is described as a string within an array redirection does not work. why? #!/bin/bash dir=("tail < ./hello.txt") tail < ./hello.txt #works ${dir} #does not work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heinzel
2 Replies
ASCII(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ASCII(1)

NAME
ascii, unicode - interpret ASCII, Unicode characters SYNOPSIS
ascii [ -8 ] [ -oxdbn ] [ -nct ] [ text ] unicode [ -nt ] hexmin-hexmax unicode [ -t ] hex [ ... ] unicode [ -n ] characters look hex /lib/unicode DESCRIPTION
Ascii prints the ASCII values corresponding to characters and vice versa; under the -8 option, the ISO Latin-1 extensions (codes 0200-0377) are included. The values are interpreted in a settable numeric base; -o specifies octal, -d decimal, -x hexadecimal (the default), and -bn base n. With no arguments, ascii prints a table of the character set in the specified base. Characters of text are converted to their ASCII val- ues, one per line. If, however, the first text argument is a valid number in the specified base, conversion goes the opposite way. Control characters are printed as two- or three-character mnemonics. Other options are: -n Force numeric output. -c Force character output. -t Convert from numbers to running text; do not interpret control characters or insert newlines. Unicode is similar; it converts between UTF and character values from the Unicode Standard (see utf(7)). If given a range of hexadecimal numbers, unicode prints a table of the specified Unicode characters -- their values and UTF representations. Otherwise it translates from UTF to numeric value or vice versa, depending on the appearance of the supplied text; the -n option forces numeric output to avoid ambigu- ity with numeric characters. If converting to UTF , the characters are printed one per line unless the -t flag is set, in which case the output is a single string containing only the specified characters. Unlike ascii, unicode treats no characters specially. The output of ascii and unicode may be unhelpful if the characters printed are not available in the current font. The file /lib/unicode contains a table of characters and descriptions, sorted in hexadecimal order, suitable for look(1) on the lower case hex values of characters. EXAMPLES
ascii -d Print the ASCII table base 10. unicode p Print the hex value of `p'. unicode 2200-22f1 Print a table of miscellaneous mathematical symbols. look 039 /lib/unicode See the start of the Greek alphabet's encoding in the Unicode Standard. FILES
/lib/unicode table of characters and descriptions. SOURCE
/src/cmd/ascii.c /src/cmd/unicode.c SEE ALSO
look(1), tcs(1), utf(7), font(7) ASCII(1)